Another tragedy underscores the need for the death penalty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Dec 7, 2006.

1. I dig the death penalty. The same people who deride the USA as inhumane and barbaric think soccer is entertainment. Moron Euro-faggots.

However Hap, I'm NOT a fan of sentencing mom's to death. That's a bit over the edge.

Jeez, a month old baby. Forget about just late term abortions, under Obama ( a late term supporter while serving in the Illinois Senate) it will be legal to kill children up to three months AFTER they're born. It's going to be termed the Mulligan law. Until a baby can sustain life on their own without a bottle and diaper are they truly human? Those sexist, bible thumping regressives would have you believing infanticide is a moral wrong. How freakin' old school can you get. The hallmark of a modern, ENLIGHTENED society is allowing Tookie to live forever as an acclaimed children's author and to continue slaughtering a million fetuses a year. What this woman did was right and your wrong to criticize her Hap. One day you'll be yelling "baby killer" and the next day it's "nigger." The madness never ends.......:)

#11     Dec 7, 2006
  2. Gee Pabst, what a surprise you would chime in.........
    I hope your talking about removing life support, rather than the roman practise of leaving undesirable children (girls, retarded, potential enemies of the state) on a hill to die of exposure or be eaten by wolves/foxes etc.
    Or the chinese method, simply upend them in a bucket, no muss, no fuss.

Your humour escapes me on occasion....

Its a complex issue.

#12     Dec 7, 2006
  3. Again, I am hardly "lynching the first suspect to come along."

Murder is not a tragedy? The Holocaust was not tragic? The Rwanda genocide was not tragic? Natural disasters are tragedies and man-made disasters are not?

Whatever....

A living breathing carbon form that microwaves a baby to death is not, in my opinion, human. Get rid of it as you would a rabid dog. Simple.

#13     Dec 7, 2006
  4. In the old days, we just put them in the bread oven with a few potatoes and diced up onions for a day and a half. They got good and tender that way.

“”Sigh”” people are in such a hurry nowadays, with no taste for tenderness.

That is a tragedy.

#14     Dec 7, 2006
  5. Uh, ok, you got me there.....its a definitions thing.
    I differentiate, via the oldhams razor principle, between gross human stupidity/natural human flaws (including murder, mass murder, sadism) , ie, things that people MIGHT have some marginal control over, and things they most certainly dont have control over.

As it happens, what you said i dont disagree with overwhelmingly-how would a sane, thinking person put down a rabid dog?

Would they;

a) put it in a microwave, cooking from the inside out , alive, or

b) Quietly put a bullet in the back of its head, in the quickest and least stressful manner that was available, so as to ease suffering on the troubled (rabid dog soul) involved.

#15     Dec 7, 2006
  6. traderob

traderob

Well they rip out millions of helpless fetus every year. Which is worse?

#16     Dec 7, 2006
  7. I fail to understand how this situation underscores the need for the death penalty.

Do we really think the killer was sane enough to say to themselves, "wait, I better not do this, I might get the death penalty..."

The death penalty does nothing in a situation like this but satisfy blood lust...

#17     Dec 8, 2006
  8. Are you asking which is worse - a Mom microwaving a one month old child or a woman choosing to end a pregnancy in the 6th week?

Is that the question?

#18     Dec 8, 2006
  9. Which is worse?
    When did this go from some (alleged) nutter, (allegedly) putting a defenceless tot in a microwave, to an abortion issue?

Dude, study some history, have a close look at what you beleive or think, and then, have another look at how adults are treated-I dont get, how im not a christian, yet seem to have more principles than most who claim to be.

Alas, it appears to come down to a personal perception of human cognisance, all sorts of rubbish notions few of the anti choice brigade actually understand, especially now the Z has trolled by, i guess this thread is effectively stillborn at this point.

Or was it euthanased, or aborted, or .........murdered?

#19     Dec 8, 2006
  10. traderob

traderob

Dude, I am a convinced atheist, have been all my life (if you were suggesting I am Christian).

#20     Dec 8, 2006