Another trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Albert, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Albert

Albert

Any suggestions for improving resolution? Tough mix between keeping it below 102K bytes and giving a picture that allows you to see it in context.
    I notice that I get a better picture when I use the computer at work vs. the one at home despite similar specs and the same paint program.
    Albert

#21     Dec 21, 2003
  2. Albert

Albert

Attached is the view this morning at 0700ET. I put in an order to fill at 1417limit. I tend to look for the breakeven trade after I've been in the hole for awhile.
    Albert

#22     Dec 22, 2003
  3. Albert

Albert

I saw this chart to make the NG trade. Waiting for fill.
    Albert

#23     Dec 22, 2003
  4. Albert

Albert

This is what I saw when i put in an order to sell 2 Copper March at 100.85 stop.
    Albert

#24     Dec 22, 2003
  5. MTG

MTG

When determining the 20 bar H/L when or where does one start the count of the bars from?

Thanks

#25     Dec 22, 2003
  6. Albert

Albert

Sold 2 Mini NG 6.65 on a stop.
    Bought 2 back at 6.53 on a limit.
    Didn't realize how delayed my data was adn that the mini isn't charted on Prophet. So I got out as quickly as I could. Even the Futuresource charts are poor. Not a bad outcome. $1200 profit for 1 hour of work.
    Albert
    ps. filled on the copper while typing this.

#26     Dec 22, 2003
  7. Albert

Albert

And this is how the copper day ended.
    Original fill is short 2 at 100.80 on a 100.85stop order.
    I am up $75 thus far.
    Albert

#27     Dec 22, 2003
  8. Albert

Albert

This is what I did the last two days.
    You will notice that I am still holding those 2 NQs from Friday. Here is where the rationalization comes hot and heavy. I made 1200 in mini natural gas today and we still have not hit a 20 bar high or low in the NQs.
    I'm still holding my coppers, but I'm ahead. Isn't that what your supposed to do, hold onto your winners?
    Of course tomorrow is another story and if I am not already embarrassed enough, I'm sure the market will chastise me appropriately again in the morning. Pay me now,swine!
    I had no idea natural gas was so volatile. Beginner's luck, of course. Which is how you get hooked everytime.
    To MTG- you just need 21 bars to make a decision. You can start anywhere.

#28     Dec 22, 2003
  9. Albert

Albert

Here's where I stand after not putting in the stops that I was supposed to on the NQ.
    Albert

#29     Dec 25, 2003
  10. Albert

Albert

And here is where I stand on the copper trade. Basically up to my ankles in angst.
    Albert

#30     Dec 25, 2003