Another tax

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Bob111, May 6, 2013.

1. zdreg

zdreg

"but DC and states have to demonstrate that they spending it wisely."
    if u woke up wanting to post oxymorons you are off to a good start.

"i don't have problem paying it(since i don't buy a lot of s**t)"
    of course, every man for himself on the USS sinking ship. let the next jerk pay the taxes.

#11     May 7, 2013
  2. r-in

r-in

Agree, but I also hate the idea of another law, especially another tax law. Maybe I am just a loser, but I do declare my online purchases that aren't taxed at the time of purchase. I would love to say people will declare what they owe, but we all know they won't. At the same time are you kidding me that a way around it won't be found? It is another useless law. For those that argue, which I have heard, that it will be a nightmare to implement, I would have to say that is the lamest argument. My 13 year old could program the software for all the different taxing authorities. The real issue is getting people to pay what they owe. I am not making a statement about people paying more, but simply, if you should pay then just declare it at the end of the year. I tell my kids almost daily, don't be the reason for a new rule at school or work, or a new law. Fight to change the system, but do what you are obligated to do until you make the change. I really hate people who cause new rules and laws.

#12     May 7, 2013
  3. Who determines what "wisely" means? If I'm a farmer and the government pays me to leave a field fallow or puts a floor on the price of a crop, I think that's a wise thing because I have less work to do and the crops I do grow fetch a higher price.

#13     May 7, 2013
  4. #14     May 7, 2013
  5. Bob111

Bob111

they aren't' separate. instead of finding ways to cut wasteful spending and better control of tax payers money-they just tax us more and more and more.
    and when they are trying to cut-they making it so dramatic,how actually bad this for ya..i like those sequester 'plays'-air traffic control,lines of the planes in the air,blue angels aren't flying anymore..
    man..they good at it.

#15     May 7, 2013