Another stupid Diversity effort

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

http://www.diversebusinessnews.com/?p=2098

First notice the site "Diverse Business News" - we have wayyy to many people pushing this diversity bullshit.

Ok so we have a big problem folks, men don't want to be nurses! How the hell can we go on like this? We just have to fix this obscene gender issue, must start forcing young boys to change grandpa's diaper.

MAN-UP LOL!

What's the real problem here? These unproductive children go unsupervised and they actually get paid at public institutions to do this. Will somebody please give these folks a real job? Ricter it's time for you to MAN-UP

2. pspr

pspr

Someone needs to tell them that is just the way it is. Except for the occasional outlier like RCG trader who was dropped on his head at a young age.

3. Mav88

Mav88

You are not enlightened, don't you understand that all genders, races, cultures, etc. are exactly the same? The only difference between and man and a woman is that their bodies are different... aw forget it... just sit back and wait for liberal wisdom.

I do know that most white men are bad, I guess except when they want to be nurses and behave like liberals want them to.

4. pspr

pspr

I was enlightened when I was young. But in the end truth and wisdom prevailed.

5. Ricter

Ricter

First, thanks for the acknowledgement by name, it's a pleasure to be in the ring with you.

Second, I don't see "forcing young boys" in the article, I see two or three incentive initiatives. It's worked for women, they now outnumber men overall in college (sadly, but I think it's an existential issue for men--different topic).

6. Mav88

Mav88

Hi Ricter,

I made up 'forcing young boys' as sarcasm. Women went college all right, but for specific disciplines. They excel at medicine and music for sure.

The point is that they wanted to go to college, men don't want to be nurses given the opportunity. Why is that perceived as a problem? Nothing in nature says that men and women should desire the same type of work.

7. People in the US need an Act of Congress to find out their gender...

8. Ricter

Ricter

The problem is probably the supply of male nurses. Haven't you heard that more are wanted on hospital staffs? I have, for many years.

Cultural norms change "organically", and they can be actively changed as well. More women than men may now want to go to college, but decades ago that was not the norm. College back then was seen as the fast track to being undesirable and so unmarriageable.

9. jem

jem

but why the heck do we need anyone changing these norms. I certainly hope tax payer dollars are not going to this norm changing crap. If a guy wants to be a nurse fine. I have met a few them. Do we need a program to encourage norm changing, absolutely not.

10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Nursing is actually one of the only growth industries going right now. I wouldn't second guess anyone electing to get a nursing degree, man or woman.

They'll be gainfully employed when the rest of us are on the government dole.

#10     Jan 14, 2012