Another stimulus surprise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wjk, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Another REALITY......

"ABORTION - One DEAD, One WOUNDED" :eek:

#11     Feb 10, 2009
  2. SS is Not a Ponzi Scheme...

No ponzi scheme is able to determine IF a person
    can legally redeem their contributions

#12     Feb 10, 2009
  3. Poverty and single parent homes are the biggest causes for crime and welfare in this country.

Personally I think the government should pay for abortions.Pay 500.00 for the abortion now,save 1000 a month for the next 18 years for food stamps/welfare and 20,000 a year for incarceration expenses for all the future criminals these welfare single moms are breeding

#13     Feb 10, 2009
  4. Wallet

Wallet

There was a time when the people would just toss a few babies into the volcano to insure a good harvest for the years crops.

Sounds absurd in today's society, and the slaughter of children, by the millions (abortion), will be seen, just as barbaric by future generations.

Murder is murder. Kiss your Mom next time you see her, and be glad she didn't share your views.

#14     Feb 10, 2009
  5. another reality .....

1) A mother telling her child "I wish you never were born".

2) How about undone adoptions?

#15     Feb 10, 2009
  6. Forced abortions and Sterilization are desperately needed in this country.If you are on government assistance you should not be allowed to have any children

Who is going to pay for this womens 14 kids and 3 million dollars in medical bills? We are

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29110391

Octuplet's mom on food stamps, publicist says
    Three of Nadya Suleman's older kids also get federal support for disabilities

Nadya Suleman, the mother of the octuplets born last month, gets $490 a month in food stamps, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday evening. Three of her first children also get federal supplemental security income because they are disabled, the Times reported.

Suleman's publicist, Michael Furtney, confirmed the information.

During an interview with Ann Curry on the TODAY show, Suleman denied being on welfare. (Msnbc.com is a joint venture of NBC Universal and Microsoft.)

Suleman told NBC News correspondent Ann Curry in an interview that she was not receiving welfare. Furtney said Suleman didn't consider the food stamps and SSI to be welfare.

"In Nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare."

Furtney declined to say what kinds of disabilities the three children have, the Times reported.

During the interview with Curry, Suleman said, "I'm not receiving help from the government. I'm not trying to expect anything from anybody. just wanted to do it on my own. Any resources that someone would really, really want to help us, I will accept, I would embrace.”

Curry told Suleman that many people think she had the octuplets in the hope of making money off her story.

“That's funny how untrue that is,” Suleman said. “Money? Money is necessary to raise children. But it's — it's paper. It is paper. To me, it is superfluous in contrast to the importance of my kids.”

NBC chief medical editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman has estimated the cost of delivering the infants and caring for them until they are healthy enough to leave the hospital at $1.5 million to $3 million.

#16     Feb 10, 2009
  7. Let's not get diverted into an abortion discussion. The OP made a great point. Government health care means rationing. The easiest target are the elderly. They use a lot of health care in their last few years. Daschle was stupid to acknowledge that point. You certainly won't hear Obama talking about it.

Of course, there will be exceptions. For those who are truly essential, like elderly congressmen, retired pols and their friends. Guys like daschcle in other words. He doesn't feel a need to pay the taxes he raised, why should he sacrifice his own health?

And Obama? The guy who wants to spend billions to retrofit government buildings for energy conservation. He has the temperature in the white House so high David Axelrod said you could raise orchids there. Real leadership by example going on in this adminstration.

#17     Feb 10, 2009
  8. fhl

fhl

"Human beings are going to make mistakes, whether in the market or in the government. The difference is that survival in the market requires recognizing mistakes and changing course before you go bankrupt. But survival in politics requires denying mistakes and sticking with the policies you advocated while blaming others for the bad results."---thomas sowell

#18     Feb 10, 2009
    #19     Feb 10, 2009
  10. I would rephrase that: Single parent homes lead to or exacerbate poverty, which perpetuates the cycle of welfare and crime.

Also, I heartily concur with the poster who stated that people on welfare shouldn't be having kids.

You need a license to drive, you should have a license to have kids. Proof of income, an interview and home inspection by a social worker to ensure the baby's environment will be safe and its needs met, etc.

Kids having kids by a delinquent father is not a recipe for social progress or wise fiscal policy.

#20     Feb 10, 2009