Another senseless asshole with a gun killing innocent people.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by constitutionman, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Tom B

Tom B

Excellent post. In this case, according to this article, he was recently cleared by mental health experts. We have to figure out a better way on how to deal with this. There definitely needs to be more followup.

Cops Determined Marine Veteran Wasn’t a Danger Before Thousand Oaks, California, Shooting
    Ian David Long, 28, cleared a mental-health check by police months before he opened fire on a bar packed with college students, killing 12 people.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ian-long-identified-as-thousand-oaks-california-shooting-gunman

#21     Nov 8, 2018
  2. LacesOut

LacesOut

interesting...didn't read the article but I wonder if he cleared such a check and was on (or just recently taken off) SSRI meds.

#22     Nov 8, 2018
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Good solutions to all these problems are known, solutions that do not in any unreasonable way infringe on anyone's constitutional rights.

#23     Nov 8, 2018
  4. bone

bone

The only thing that makes any sense about this is... "I'm in pain, nobody listens to me, so I'll kill some people and then someone will listen to me." Are these killings a cry for help ? I don't understand it. I don't think we had these mass shootings after WW2, Korea, Vietnam... Not like this. Senseless and bewildering. I seem to remember reading about the occasional Vietnam vet coming home and killing their nagging spouse but I don't recall reading or hearing about shooting a dozen victims.

What is the psychological need fulfilled in murdering civilians ?

#24     Nov 8, 2018
  5. RRY16

RRY16

Weren’t you the one that got put away for some kind of Mortgage recovery scam?

#25     Nov 8, 2018
  6. More proof that handguns and "assualt weapons" need to be banned. If you can't defend your house with shotguns and rifles, tough shit, you're a paranoid asshole then. Or a gun nut, same thing.

#26     Nov 8, 2018
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

Uhhhhhh no
    Maybe that was your Mom?

#27     Nov 8, 2018
  8. LacesOut

LacesOut

It’s about punishing the innocent.
    I think it’s just that simple. And complicated.

But the anti psychotic drugs is what pushes these people over the edge.

#28     Nov 8, 2018
  9. RRY16

RRY16

We’re you given psychotics when you were incarcerated?

#29     Nov 9, 2018
  10. exGOPer

exGOPer

[​IMG]

#30     Nov 9, 2018
    Cuddles likes this.