another selloff on a friday in the summer ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SethArb, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Bakinec

Bakinec

No offense, but did you try watching the news before the open?? Particularly on economic event days?? Thursday, foreclosures up 6%, disappointing retail and initial claims, all before the open. ES drops 10 points, I double my money. It makes sense, given the markets' recent propensity to make a big move right on the open, especially when there's news.

#11     Aug 15, 2009
  2. You made money trading the open which is the hardest part of the day to pick a direction.Plus you traded the news,another thing i find difficult ( in fact i ignore all news except FOMC) how many times has market gone up on bad news? I tend to think smart money buys bad news and sells into good news.Of course they could already be short before news comes out.

#12     Aug 15, 2009
  3. Historical facts... Almost without exception (The Carter years), the Republican Presidential tours have driven us to lower levels. We are at our darkest hours, until a Democratic President gets into office and can try to turn things around. During that time, Republican sympathizers just want to bitch and moan and complain about new taxes... but there wouldn't have been as many new taxes if the GOP hadn't put us there to begin with.

That being said, now go out and pick yourself up some Cannabis Science stock, and earn some serious bucks. Happy Tokes..:D

#13     Aug 15, 2009
  4. ER9

ER9

thanks for the advice. its been quite the learning experience for me these past two weeks. my technical indicator strategy that has worked well for two years is getting decimated in this tug of war. had to drop it with a bit of reluctance and fall back on trading major support/resistance breaks. luckily its been working out so far. been a bit nerve racking to say the least.

#14     Aug 15, 2009