another republican meme discredited: "job-killing regulations."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 18, 2012.

1. yes. harvard business school is some commie left wing group out to discredit republicans.

"Michael Toffel, a professor at Harvard Business School and co-author of the study."

#11     May 18, 2012
  2. We've received our first feedback from the proferssors, and our peers, to our project. And, the initial comments are pretty funny, and suggest that it is impossible to deal with people on this thread. Nothing but kids, playground names, and total lack of value. But, still good for a laugh or two.

#12     May 18, 2012
  3. Does he have "high cheekbones"?

#13     May 18, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Thats funny, cause most of the professors i know from university, would have laughed their ass off at an economically illiterate person like free thinker who claims that regulations save businesses money, and rich people dont create jobs.....

Id be willing to bet that your professors are a bunch of liberal arts majors.... If not that then it must be some other useless PHD given the fact they are sending you out to troll the politics section of an internet trading site, and they are calling it a "study"

#14     May 18, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

So?
    Funny, that's exactly what I think of your "project".

How is it a college student doesn't know how to spell professors?

#15     May 18, 2012
  6. Yes, and democrat Gavin Newsom is now a right-wing extremist because he says that regulatory costs in California are too high.

The study you cite only looked at OSHA which is a small fraction of the total regulatory costs. Regulations regarding planning, transit and energy are driving businesses out of California in droves -- that's where the real costs are.

=========================

http://www.newgeography.com/content...phic,+and+political+commentary+about+places%2

Worst of all, California's radical housing and transportation strategies are unnecessary. The unbalanced and one-dimensional pursuit of an idealized sustainability damages both quality of life and the economy. This is exacerbated by other issues, especially the state's dysfunctional economic and tax policies. It is no wonder California is exporting so many people and jobs...

California is no longer an incubator of high-wage jobs. The state lost 370,000 jobs paying 25 percent or more of the average wage between 2000 and 2008. This compares to a 770,000 increase in the previous 8 years. California is trailing Texas badly and the nation overall in creating criticial STEM [science, technology, engineering & mathematics] jobs and middle skills jobs (Figures 2 & 3) Only two states have higher unemployment rates than California (Nevada and Rhode Island) .

======================

http://www.vvdailypress.com/articles/companies-33242-vranich-california.html

An average of 4.9 businesses left California each week of 2011; Texas, Arizona, Colorado and Nevada are top destinations.

In 2011, 254 California companies moved some or all of their work and jobs out of state, 26 percent more than in 2010...

#16     May 18, 2012
  7. Well, I suppose they are educated and well read. Hardly the bad guys in this thing. You guys know that you're just playing a kid's game here, nothing more, nothing less. Just extreme childish behavior from so many, and you know who you are. Enjoy it.

#17     May 18, 2012

8. OOh, you caught us/me with a misspelling/typo. This from someone who abuses the language to the extreme. What, no indystink this time? Run out of cute little names? Wow, you just keep on giving out those well thought out one liners. Did you at least watch the Colbert video that so well dramatizes your relationship with pspr? Spot on I think. But, then again, you won't be able to see the metaphorical forest for the trees. I guess they still call it Bliss.

#18     May 18, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

Indeed, guys like Free Thinker who start threads stating that regulations save businesses money are incredibly childish, and it makes it blatantly obvious that he has never run a business in his life.....

Try telling a person who runs a business in California that the regulators are saving him money, and watch how much he laughs at you....

Here is an example from a home builder, who points out those "Dollar Saving" regulations....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nUdcY3oWGuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#19     May 18, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I did watch it. You're full of shit, as usual, but it was mildly entertaining none the less.

#20     May 18, 2012