Another reminder to not take things for granted

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by savoir, Jun 20, 2022.

1. savoir

savoir

You are not a grain of sand. You are a human being. See if you can fulfill some of your potential.

Go outside and make some friends. Jesus.

#11     Jun 21, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Um, he is correct. We are all barely a grain of sand. It is a matter of scale. We ain't shit, man.

https://htwins.net/scale2/

#12     Jun 21, 2022
  3. savoir

savoir

You keep repeating that your mind is fucked beyond repair. Your history on this site doesn’t paint a pretty picture.

I would tell you the same thing I told the other poster—see if you can fulfill some of your potential as a human being—but you insist on failure. You exude failure.

Any idiot can make a success of himself and many do through good fortune. But it takes something extra to help others succeed, and most lack this something.

In your case, I think the best you can do is to not infect others with your failure mindset. Be a grain of sand if you want. That might be good.

#13     Jun 21, 2022
  4. Overnight

Overnight

You simply have an exalted image of yourself in the grand universe of things. This means you are consumed by your own EGO. You think you are all that in the universe, when in fact you are zero in the universe. Get that through your thick skull. And get it into your head that when you die, nobody is going to give a shit, and nobody is going to remember you. Do you know why this is? It is because you will not be able to perceive anyone giving a shit about you, and remembering you, because you will no longer exist. YOU will not be able to do those things. Therefore it is irrelevant.

People simply cannot come to the simple conclusion that they don't mean SHIT in this universe.

They suffer from " I wanna' survivism". Sorry, that's not how the universe works.

#14     Jun 21, 2022
  5. savoir

savoir

Your nihilism is cute. You weren’t born with that thinking. You learned it from other minds and accepted it as your truth.

It makes me wonder if you think your life is no better than a worm’s.

In any case, believe whatever gets you through the day. I’m not here to proselytize.

Now move along.

#15     Jun 21, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

What? Seriously? You think people are born with the inherent thought that they are immortal through God or some other such Divine influence?

You have it backwards. We are born with no knowledge at all. Neutral, and are indoctrinated into the idea that we have a soul and live forever. Ergo, the Godhead. We are not indoctrinated into the natural state of being, which is that we are nothing, have no soul, and are finite. That is the way things naturally ARE.

It is YOUR side that tried to layer on all this ephemeral BS about the everlasting soul, so you can try to make sense about why you are here. There must be some purpose!

Nope, sorry. There is no purpose!

#16     Jun 21, 2022
  7. savoir

savoir

You assume too much. I’m not on any side including yours. Go find someone else to argue about God.

This is my last warning. Move along.

#17     Jun 21, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

That is a pretty funny statement, considering this is the RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY section of the forum, where the idea of God is argued. And what is the warning about?

That you will block me? OMFG! I am SO SCARED and WORRIED that you are going to block me, so I miss all your salient posts! Step off, stout yeoman.

#18     Jun 21, 2022
  9. savoir

savoir

It’s a small remedy but it’s available.

The warning was more for me than for you. I want to be 100% certain that you don’t respect requested boundaries. I already knew you wouldn’t.

There is absolutely nothing in any of my posts that would benefit you. You won’t miss anything.

For me it will reduce the noise.

#19     Jun 21, 2022
  10. Overnight

Overnight

There are no boundaries in the off-topic sections, especially Politics and Religion and Spirituality. You need to learn how to differentiate these sections from the normal places like Trading, Data Sets and Feeds, Retail Brokers and etc.

Here's the difference between a poster like me, and a poster like you. You and I can have a knock-down drawn out flame-fest in a section like this. But in the Trading section, you could pose a question about something trading related that I have positive input on. I would respond to you with the grace and maturity of that thread.

I am one of those rare birds that knows how to divide shit-talking in one section with respectful commentary in another. I have done it before here with other members of this forum.

You need to learn this skill, as well.

I can call you an asshole in a thread like this, but be completely understanding and agree with you on a trading topic somewhere else.

Schizophrenic? Nah, I don't think so. It is something else.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    #20     Jun 21, 2022