another reason IB is the pits

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by aPismoClam, Jan 10, 2008.

1. IB's been good for me.

#21     Jan 13, 2008
  2. rBurns

rBurns

Sorry but as a customer for many years, I find your comments about teck support to be completely off base and misleading. I find them to be most helpful. Best Wishes and good trading to all. DAB

#22     Jan 14, 2008
  3. IB is largely responsible for providing the very possibility of short term trading for retail accounts.

Their innovation regarding offering the markets of the world is again groundbreaking for the possibility of getting the rediculously high transaction costs down still present in the foreign stock markets. This willl be of massive benefit to short term traders.

There are many software third parties to cater to individual needs.

All I can say is THANK YOU IB !!!!!!!

And just keep on what you have been doing.

I am looking forward to the day that you mesh together
    all of the worlds equity markets, and thus making all transaction costs equally low.

IB is the most forward thinking and doing retail brokerage
    firm in the world .

Thank you

#23     Jan 14, 2008
  4. What do you mean when you say "we did not miss even one quarter since 1999?

#24     Jan 14, 2008
  5. maxpi

maxpi

IB, NinjaTrader, OpenQuant, nobody can say they failed for high costs or lack of tools...

#25     Jan 14, 2008
  6. gents, I'm sorry. I've been sending orders by keyboard since the beginning. I've seen systems come AND go. IB is there, and it does stuff. That doesn't make it great. That may qualify it a cool thing in the retail market. It's customer service is abominable but most of you have probably never experienced excellent customer service so how would you know?

But I'm not arguing with you. As the used car dealers say, "there's an @ss for every seat."

I'm working with it now. If I change my mind I'll let you know.

#26     Jan 14, 2008
  7. Serious question: Let's say I want access to all the main foreign (stock & futures) markets, but don't want to use IB: Is there <b>any</b> other broker who could provide this access, for less than double what IB charges in commissions (if at all)?

Simply put, I'm just asking: <b>When it comes to trading a range of foreign markets through a single broker, does IB have any competition at all?</b>

#27     Jan 14, 2008
  8. qualify your question. if you're a retail trader, maybe not. Perhaps to the retail, that's been getting dicked by the industry from the beginning, IB is one of the slickest ways to do so.

on the other hand, if you have a clearing account (or a few), can you not execute anything electronic anywhere via TT (as one example) -- depending of course on your clearing firm's memberships?

#28     Jan 14, 2008
  9. Cutten

Cutten

Which clearing firms offer global futures, stocks, and forex?

#29     Jan 18, 2008
  10. do you need one firm to clear everything you trade?

if so, I can see that much of IB's appeal.

but that still doesn't redeem their technology or their customer service or the cast of characters, though the tradeoff may acceptable to some.

#30     Jan 18, 2008