Another "Pro Lifer" kills...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jun 1, 2009.

1. "Yes, people are going to start shooting their political opponents over what beliefs they hold."

Highly inflammatory statement.

You wouldn't be dve250 also would you?

#31     Jun 2, 2009
  2. As Tiller said, in the audio file you provided, it could be a decision based on rape, incest, homelessness, and so on.

Then convict him of a crime. Oh right, he was acquitted 19 times. He was shot once. And then he was shot again, and killed.

Please, please, stop blaming the victim.

Actually he didn't use the word "convenience."

By inserting words into his mouth, especially that loaded one, it makes it a lot easier to paint him as guilty (of something).

Pro-lifers have to moderate their zeal, or they will continue to generate these ongoing terrorist attacks. All it takes is for you to put one little extra word in, such as "convenience" to motivate some nutcase with a gun. Or O'Reilly to repeat his made-up nickname "Tiller the Baby Killer." It's got to stop.

See? You reached the conclusion that he was a zealot by pretending he said something that he didn't.

Pro-lifers have to have (dare I say it?) the wisdom that Sarah Palin actually (!) came out with when she said that attacks like this do far more harm to the pro-life movement than they help it.

O'Reilly mentioned this doctor on his show 28 times before he was shot dead. This has got to stop.

#32     Jun 2, 2009
  3. It's not an inflammatory statement, it's a statement of what is already happening.

This increase in zealotry and absolutism is a dangerous thing.

#33     Jun 2, 2009

4. Which victim would we be speaking of, the 60,000 beating hearts or Tiller ?

As far as the word "convenience" you are correct. I judged his words that someone who would travel to visit one of three abortionists who terminate late term pregnencies, for reasons such as "poverty", "job issues" or "whatever reason you may have" to fall under a broad catagory of "convenience".

#34     Jun 2, 2009
  5. Liberals weren't so concerned about the proper limits of polite debate when they were braying for lynch mobs to get Bush and Cheney. Or Rush Limbaugh, or Hannity, or O'Reilly, et al. sarah Palin, right, she was the first female republican VP candidate. They couldn't refer to her without using some of the same vile terms they threw at Carrie Prejean. They showed their class by attacking Palin's pregnant teenage daughter.

The idea that millions of pro life people have to apologize for tiller's death and stop using accurate terms to oppose abortion is ridiculous, just one moe example of a favorite tactic of the hard left. Censor your opponents by accusing them of hate speech, racism, homophobia, etc so that you don't have to debate them on the issues.

The pro abortion zealots like to use neutral sounding words to describe what they are advocating. The liberal media refuse to run ads that accurately depict what is inside a pregnant woman's womb and what happens during an abortion. Too graphic and unsettling, they say. They oppose laws mandating that women get a sonogram and see what they are "terminating". It's better for the bottom line of people like Tiller and Planned Parenthood if they delude them into thinking they are just cleaning up some nonviable tissue mass.

Why can't we just let everyone do what they want? Why try to "impose" pro life values on those who don't care, like obama and his supporters? For the same reason we prosecute people who are cruel to animals. Because it is the right thing to do. Isn't an unborn baby more valuable than a gerbil?

The idea that liberals are concerned about someone "imposing" values is ironic to say the least. They are not shy about imposing their wacky ideas on everyone else. They've managed to ruin the public schools, they want to use the courts to force gay "marriage" on us, they jet across the country daily on private jets to lecture the little people that we have to stop using so much energy. The list is endless. But let a Christian be concerned about an unborn baby, and we are terrorists imposing our religious values on everyone else.

#35     Jun 2, 2009
  6. A cow has a beating heart. A pig has a beating heart. Please, stop prosyletizing. I do not share your beliefs about first trimester abortions, and don't share your beliefs about second trimester abortions.

Accept that I do not share your beliefs, just as I do not accept vegetarians admonitions that eating meat is murder.

Nice out of context snippets. He wasn't inviting people based on whatever reason they may have, he was greeting people based on a variety of reasons, including rape, incest, homelessness, fetal abnormalities, etc. for their unfortunate visit to his clinic.

But again, you need to see him as evil and you're working hard to misrepresent him.

Even if you see him as evil, you still need to take a strong stand against any domestic terrorism. Doubly so if, as Sarah Palin pointed out, you want the pro-life movement to not be damaged.

#36     Jun 2, 2009

7. Very well stated, AAA

#37     Jun 2, 2009
  8. In fairness, though, no one tried to murder Palin either.

What issue? The issue isn't abortion, it's extremism. And terrorism. And a cavalcade of radio and tv hosts egging people on.

Some do and some don't. Some feel that it's more than a "tissue mass." Some, like myself, feel that a blob of cells is not a baby, however, also feel that late term abortions need to be carefully reviewed (not by the state, thankyouverymuch, but by the doctor.)

But, most of us feel that it's a terrible decision that is none of our business. Thus, we oppose government regulation and intervention. But that's not this debate.

This debate is whether or not it's right to have far, far right wing terrorists killing doctors. And even if you're so short sighted as to think that this is somehow justified -- you surely can realize that Palin is correct that this hurts the pro-life movement.

Not to me. Gerbils are great fun.

Those evil two-dimensional "liberals." They always want small government.

#38     Jun 2, 2009
  9. Too bad Republicans aren't leaving it at just being "concerned about an unborn baby" (which everybody can support) but deciding for all the rest of us whether or not it even is a baby.

#39     Jun 2, 2009

10. I accept the fact that we disagree, and I would defend your right to hold what ever view you desired to hold. Many men and women, who made it through the womb, have died defending this right.

I do in fact see Tiller as an evil person. I also see the person who aborted Tiller as someone who has committed an evil and hateful act.

And, if I may, I am pleased that we do agree that eating meat is OK.

#40     Jun 2, 2009