Another one for Seneca

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, May 19, 2009.

1. In reference to Nancy Pelosi

A new story comes out that shoots a hole in Seneca's story.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/05/pelosis_approva.html

"The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released this afternoon found that the approval of how Pelosi is doing her job as speaker has dropped from 51 percent in January to 46 percent in March to 39 percent now. "

2. Any day sweetheart.

3. I think that proves my point which is that Pelosi is or is among the biggest liabilties the Dems have.

Hell, I even like the Huck's poem:

Here's a story about a lady named Nancy
    A ruthless politician, but dressed very fancy
    Very ambitious, she got herself elected Speaker
    But as for keeping secrets, she proved quite a "leaker."

And the poem later refers to the recent controversy:

She sat in briefings and knew about enhanced interrogation;
    But claims she wasn't there, and can't give an explanation.
    She disparages the CIA and says they are a bunch of liars;
    Even the press aren't buying it and they're stoking their fires."

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but thanks for reinforcing mine, that was nice data.

BTW-I was a fan of Newt's back in the early 90s and to a degree still am. He is my kind of conservative; he thinks things through rather than using sound bites and "tough guy" statements.

Seneca

4. Nobody reeled in Nancy because it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that she would overreach. I don't think she is even popular within her own party, but she is too powerful to openly oppose. So, they gave her lots and lots of rope, and crossed their fingers.

Nancy is a good Democrat though, and she will not be a public spectacle. She will instead do the proper thing and "persue personal interests" when the time is right.

5. It proves my point that you are wrong again. In Jan her approval was 51%, now it is 39%, so obviously at 51% in Jan she was not that big of a liability. At 39% she is a liability.

6. She will not be a public spectacle? Did you really say she will not be a public spectacle? Really?

She was at a press conference the other day and said the CIA lied and mislead her and the rest of Congress. She has not produced a single thread of evidence to back her claim. That is a serious charge with serious consequences. Talk about a public spectacle.