Another one flees

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 25, 2013.

1. wildchild

wildchild

It was not that long ago that people were flocking to come to America. What a difference 4 years makes!

I think a good business would be to create a website where people get to make bets about who is going to flee next. I got my money on Johny Depp.

http://news.yahoo.com/tina-turner-her-way-swiss-citizenship-105547825.html

GENEVA (AP) — Tina Turner is on her way to becoming a Swiss citizen.

The American rock diva has lived in the Zurich suburb of Kuesnacht since the mid-1990s. The local Zuerichsee-Zeitung newspaper said on its website the local council announced its decision to grant the 73-year-old Turner citizenship in an official notice published in Friday's edition.

The decision still requires formal approval from cantonal (state) and federal authorities.

2. Tina has not lived in the states for many many years. Guess why she left?

3. wildchild

wildchild

I am sure you think it has something to do with Bush.

The issue is she dumped her citizenship now.

They are dropping like flies.

4. Dropping like flies would something like most of Hollywood leaving en masse, and the NFL reincorporating in England.

You are simply a victim of propaganda.

5. wildchild

wildchild

You are right. People are not leaving the country to avoid the steep tax burden.

6. I have no doubt that some people will leave. That is to be expected.

7. cstfx

cstfx

"... has lived in the Zurich suburb of Kuesnacht since the mid-1990s."

8. wildchild

wildchild

Its pretty much unprecedented and it IS happening. You have to admit that.

Of course in the past there were always jackholes like Alec Baldwin who were out there running their mouths and saying they were going to leave but unfortunately they never did.