Another Obamacare win

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

When people say the US is number one they are probably referring to our cutting edge medical technology (which they can't afford anyway).

#41     Aug 23, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then how is it we're supposedly ranked...37th? LOL

#42     Aug 23, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I looked at this particular issue I think it was early last year. I don't recall our overall raking for quality but it was much much higher than you've suggested.
    I do recall we're also among the most expensive.

Many reasons for that of course. One of note is the absurd out of control cost of medical education in this country. Which, among other things of course, also leads to doctors wanting to/insisting on charging so much more than other doctors worldwide for their services.

#43     Aug 23, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

#44     Aug 23, 2013
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

UPS drops health benefits for 15,000 spouses. An Obamacare bellwhether?
    http://news.yahoo.com/ups-drops-health-benefits-15-000-spouses-obamacare-122911969.html

One of the basic pledges President Obama has made regarding his health-care reforms is that “if you like the plan you have, you can keep it.” It’s also a pledge that could come back to bite, politically.

The latest sign of that is the news, made public this week, that shipping company UPS will no longer make health insurance benefits available to some 15,000 employee spouses. In announcing the change, the company referred to Obamacare as a reason it is having to battle to contain health-care costs

#45     Aug 24, 2013