Another idea by cm69

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, May 17, 2007.

1. With all the talk and "excitement" around the I-phone do you think people would be interested in renting the I-phone rather than buying it due to its high cost?... I know several people who'd by one if they didnt cost 5-600 dollars, I asked some stores if they knew of anyone where you could lease (with option to buy) such high priced items, but no answer.

What do you think?

cm

#31     Jun 12, 2007
  2. Is there demand for a trading/ hedge fund reality show?...everyone talks about how "emotional" trading is..maybe it'd be fun to watch?..

idea:

Take 5 wannabe traders, each with 25-50k of their own funds (funds that wont drastically affect their life if all is lost). The 5 traders will be trained (the basics of trading) by a master trader. Invite camera crews into their home/ office and watch them trade, and follow their family life if any (also on weekends) and see how the emotional aspect of trading affects them and their families. Follow each trader for six months and watch them develop or blow up. The trader who has gained the highest % on his account lands a job at a top firm.

cm

#32     Aug 21, 2007
  3. "Is there demand for a trading/ hedge fund reality show?...everyone talks about how "emotional" trading is..maybe it'd be fun to watch?.."

I thought "Deal, no Deal" was pretty representitive of the emotions of trading. The trading math was there, too.

#33     Aug 21, 2007
  4. cm - I think if done the right way, it could be a lot of fun to watch. Kind of along the lines of Apprentice.

#34     Aug 21, 2007
  5. MattSF

MattSF

It's an equity swap lacking one critical element: reciprocity. Can we assume you're a pimp in your day-job?

#35     Aug 21, 2007
  6. haha. No, I make buffalo wings and toast all day. It sucks ass.

#36     Aug 21, 2007
  7. Say someone puts 10,000 in a broker account, they can lose up

to 10,000 yes?... If I put up my own capital, they still get the

10,000 PLUS any leverage. Any gains they make are 100%

because its 100% borrowed money.
    While paying me back 20%

either way may seem like a rip off, its actually pretty cheap in my

opinion. I'd rather pay someone 20% on my losses than lose a

full 10,000 of my own money
    And as far as collecting on my

losses?... Credit Card companies dont seem to have a problem

with this..they'll chase your ass down and MAKE you pay. I would

have a similar "contract"

---

Say I signed on with an experienced trader, and let them trade

with 100k of my own money for a year, and they made a

consistant 5% a month (60% annual), thats 60,000 a year, not

using a penny of their own money!, not to mention their own

personal trading account that they may have.

#37     May 3, 2008
  8. The better way to do this has already been mentioned, but I will explain it to you so you understand.

1) You create a prop shop. You then hire some experienced traders. You then have them teach some methods like pair trading that will make you money from commissions. Also, you make money from charging for training. You then continue to make money from the 50% that are successful by both commission and trading fees for using your software, desk space, etc. See someone like Bright Traders are probably $ billionaires from doing something similar.

2) You create a hedge fund, you again hire experienced traders to manage the trades. You can legally charge 20% on all profit made plus another 5% per year on AUM (assets under management). The traders create performance which attracts investors. Again, you end up making $ billions.

#38     May 4, 2008
  9. I thought about doing something like that..Setting up my own LLC, hiring an experienced trader and letting them trade my capital while taking % of profits. I could advertise a job listing on Efinancialcareers.com and be in business in no time :).

#39     May 4, 2008
  10. great! sounds interesting. i should try this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#40     Nov 12, 2008