Another hypocrite Republican evangelical Christian involved in a sex scandal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insider trading, Jul 30, 2009.

1. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8194497&page=1

Tenn. Sen. Paul Stanley in Sex Scandal

What began as a government internship for a one-time honors student with a questionable past has become a full-blown sex scandal that ensnared a married Tennessee state senator and led him to resign.

Republican Sen. Paul Stanley had maintained a low profile until his announcement late Tuesday that he was resigning from the state Senate effective Aug. 10, after his affair with a 22-year-old intern and a subsequent extortion attempt was revealed to the public.

Stanley, a 47-year-old evangelical Christian with two children, said in his resignation letter that he has "decided to focus my full attention on my family."

"Whatever I stood for and advocated, I still believe to be true," he told Memphis radio station WREC-AM Tuesday. "And just because I fell far short of what God's standard was for me and my wife, doesn't mean that that standard is reduced in the least bit."

He had been engaged in a sexual relationship with intern McKensie Morrison when her boyfriend, Joel Watts, contacted him, according to an affidavit filed in Davidson County by prosecutor Douglas Long.

2. Lol. The media is working double time now to make up for this:

[​IMG]

3. there does seem to be a trend here.

Convicted Pastor Says He's 'One of the Prophets'
    abcnews.go.com — Millionaire former street preacher Tony Alamo is convicted of taking girls as young as 9 across state lines for sex.

4. The media? No, I think we can thank evangelical Christian and Republican Senator Paul Stanley for this one.

5. I can assure you, there are currently many sex scandals going on in DC right now within both parties.

6. But only one of those parties claims to be the party of morals and family values

7. Yes, but there is usually more coming from the direction where all the bible thumping is going on.

8. For once, you have said something brilliant.

9. hopefully you can understand that it isnt the sex thats the problem. its the hyprocisy of those that like to preach about how we should live and then break the rules themselves.

10. If hypocrisy is the crime, there is no hope for anything political in this country.

#10     Jul 30, 2009