Another HUGELY successful $$$MR. MARKET$$$ pick

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrmarket, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Why don't you simply do that different thing?

To turn your 15 stream portfolio over just once takes 15 (count 'em) successful pics. That makes 15% on your capital.

Do it on the average of every 5 weeks (4 to 6 weeks) for four months.

That is what you are offering. There is a PnL in your past threds that you can gut to save you some time.

Want me to post a pic of my old U of P grad faculty ID card? Post yours. Then when I post mine it will confirm mine is the same. (almost, except for the faculty part on mine.).

Thanks to those who squared phoenix away. Once he looks around a little he will see the methodology and analysis back up. It's alot more comprehensive than he, apparently has ever seen based on the fawning he does of big boy.

#51     Nov 14, 2003
  2. The methods are altogether different really. There is no portfolio to post per se. And the method seeks to turn stocks over every 6-8 days. It would be like asking someone who trades the NQ that is offering critique on a stockpicking method to post his portfolio. Or even better, asking someone who is exploring the NRID trade (moi) to post a portfolio. All I can do is post the stocks that presently qualify for the setup. But it wouldn't mean I could not offer criticism or critique about another method. Which in the case of mrmarket I can't because relative to his work, I don't know squat.

I received an email last nite from a well-known guy I communicate with. He told me he wished ET were a kinder and gentler place. So do I.

#52     Nov 14, 2003
  3. Me too. I think I have a proven successful method that makes lots of money. I never said that the methods espoused by others were not successful. However, when some ET people view my unbelievable success, they feel the need to shoot me down. Weird.

#53     Nov 14, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Apparently, neither does Jack. Which is why I wonder what qualifies him to take potshots. Smugness does not imply competence.

#54     Nov 14, 2003
  5. demonet

demonet

I have read this thread and others in which you have posted, and I think its the fact that you constantly shout out "I am having unbelieveable success with my method". In effect you are making a clarion call to everyone saying "come admire me for my stock picking talent as it is so dazzlingly brilliant and successful". From that people just start out motivated to tear you and your method down because your sound so pompous.

Its just my opinion mrmarket, but perhaps you would get far less flak if you just took a more humble approach. For instance, you could post your stocklist and your methods for selection (or a sketch thereof), and say "this has worked pretty well for me, what do you think?". That way you could engage in a more intelligent discussion of the potential pros and cons of your method.

Lastly, when you defend yourself, you immediately say things like the quote above, i.e. "I am just doing everything right and those who do things wrong (and are jealous of how smart and rich I am) just shoot me down..." This just makes the situation worse, and I can't understand why you don't see that. You sound like an nine-year-old bragging to his friends how he can hit a baseball farther than anyone else.

I think, simply stated, its the arrogance of your posts which offend people, not the means and methods of your stock picking talent or even your alleged success.

Me too. If this board were comprised of Schwager's 'Market Wizards', do you think they would engage in this petty tearing down of one another's methods?

#55     Nov 14, 2003
  6. LOL!

I always hope I'm just reading it wrong, you know how the printed word can seem different than intended sometimes.

#56     Nov 14, 2003
  7. Agreed.

No, but you can rest assured the non-Market Wizard members would do their best to take up the slack. :(

#57     Nov 14, 2003

8. I think I'm pretty funny actually. I also think people take life too seriously but I respect the fact that you are entitled to your opinion.

#58     Nov 14, 2003
  9. By the way, they are lapping me up over at the IBD forum.

#59     Nov 14, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And, according to Jack, they're lapping him up over at MSN.

That's a lot of lapping. :D

#60     Nov 14, 2003