Another HUGELY successful $$$MR. MARKET$$$ pick

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrmarket, Nov 12, 2003.

1. The style in which you post leads people to attack you personally...myself included. In the same vain people would also very much enjoy seeing smug Martha Stewart slip on a bananna peel and take a header or have her dressed in prison blues. Kodak moments to be sure.

There will be many watching this trade. Of course you could simply declare yourself a long term holder like many of your other holdings. Trouble is when the party is finally over for these home builder stocks the door slams shut suddenly and the stock price will fall in half, or worse. There was a small taste of things to come in June when there was an interest rate scare for a couple of weeks. This stock was down something like 15% in two weeks. To promote a trading style that does not have stops is absolutely nuts. I guess that does not matter to an "investor" like yourself though, you only buy 50 shares on your lunch hour.

This home building boom is the temporary illusion enabled by a crusty old man named Greenspan trying to preserve his legacy and book deals by pumping the system with cheap money directed at consumers since business cannot/will not spend. There is nothing unique or special about DHI, they just plow dirt and build boxes. Consumers will be the bag holders for these over priced homes just like they were for over priced stocks in 2000.

#21     Nov 13, 2003
  2. Romeo

Romeo

He may stretch the truth on how many winners he's had in a row, but he does like the Boss, and that's good enough for me.

#22     Nov 13, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You just can't help it? :eek:

And, btw, it's "vein", not "vain".

#23     Nov 13, 2003

4. If I make 15% on this trade in 4 to 6 weeks, will you have considered it a good trade?

#24     Nov 13, 2003
  5. Whoops....you are correct. Still kinda early here in California. I just went to a state college though...should have saved for a real education like mr market has. :D

#25     Nov 13, 2003
  6. I find this very interesting because I only want the best for others. I want all of you to do well in your investments.

#26     Nov 13, 2003
  7. And Martha Stewart wants us all to bake perfect cookies. We all want jail time. :p

#27     Nov 13, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

What is this "we" business? I see no reason why Stewart should be disemboweled while corrupt auditors and CFOs and CEOs should get off with just a slap on the wrist, if that. AFAIC, good for her.

#28     Nov 13, 2003

9. A journal was started in the journal section and ET closed the thread.

#29     Nov 13, 2003
  10. So now moderators are not allowed to post?

I know what he said. I read it. My point is that given his past performance and tendencies, the odds are that if the stock does not reach his target he will not sell in 4-6 weeks. He will hold it.

But either way, I don't really care. I hope he gets 5000 straight sold winners and starts writing books. It doesn't affect my future or trading in the least.

#30     Nov 13, 2003