Another horrendous Cramer call

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Longhorns, Jan 31, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Yesterday I caught his show and he said that now was the time to buy homebuilders and that a new bull market was back, I laughed, I thought he sounds like everyone else on cnbc claiming that the best thing for the market were these rate cuts. Its sad that it took 1.25% worth of rate cuts in 2 weeks to help the markets out, the fed cuts were nothing more but to help wallstreet stay bullish. The markets should have taken a breather before the federal reserve did anything. The federal reserve moved TOO FAST, as quick as they have gone to cut rates they will raise them. Any sign of housing or GDP growth showing strength and they will raise the rates EXTREMELY quick to keep inflation (which is already out of control) in check.

If you are worried about inflation now get ready to worry about it even more, lowering the rates as fast as they did was not the way to fix this problem. The markets are going to rally for what reason, because liquidity is now being pumped back into the market, that cheap money is now available, this is what caused this problem in the 1st place, these rate cuts back in 2000-2001 to historical levels is what caused this massive credit bubble, now the way they are fixing it is too lower rates again, doesnt make sense, these last 2 weeks have been great for the market however I do not see it continuing for much longer, the bear market lasted how long? What recession??

They are so afraid to let the economy go into a recession that they will do anything to fight it, even lower rates to historical levels and pump the economy with 150 billion worth of rebates, come on, this is not the way to go about and fix a problem. What they are doing is just floating the economy from falling deeper into a recession that could have been already in a recession nearly 12 months ago. They have to understand that a bull cannot run forever, that bears eventually do come around once in a while and that economies do slow.

#11     Jan 31, 2008
  2. Really now?

And what evidence do you have that supports your claim that the FED will be unable to avoid steering the Economy away from falling into a "deeper" recession?

You make a pretty strong assertion ( almost as fact ) based on no evidence whatsoever other than your opinion.How many recessions have you experienced in your lifetime? Were you around for '73-'74.

I was.

#12     Jan 31, 2008
  3. yeah, i knwo there is/was one.
    gonna search for it.

#13     Jan 31, 2008
  4. I was born in 64. I remember the recessions after 82. I seem to remember how much better things were AFTER each recession.
    As far as Cramer, he looks good for 62 yrs. I like CNBC, the colors are pretty, and if a neighbor sees me watching it, they think I'm smart.

#14     Jan 31, 2008
  5. Amen.

#15     Jan 31, 2008
  6. bgp

bgp

yes landis, i was around in 73-74. what happend to the stock market back then ?:)

bgp

#16     Jan 31, 2008
  7. For all of the Fed bashing (and von Mises/Swiss economic theory glorifying) that goes around on these boards, one fact seems to have been overlooked: the severity and frequency of depressions have both been reduced signficantly since the Fed was established in 1913.

#17     Jan 31, 2008
  8. Careful. Now they will preach to you how the average middle class family had a higher standard of living in 1910 than today because of lower "real" inflation.

#18     Jan 31, 2008
  9. Cramer's not a fiancial expert. He's an entertainer. There are millions of investors, traders, dealers.. who tune in to his rants and tantrums because they like a lively (un)reality show with a finacial theme.

#19     Jan 31, 2008
  10. didn't he run a hedge fund? From what i've seen he atleast considers himself an expert the way he talks to people with such conviction...

#20     Feb 2, 2008