Another Gorgeous Day on The Bay!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Landis82, Mar 31, 2009.

1. I want that. And fish too to boot! Heaven.

#21     Jun 24, 2009
  2. That's not what my friends in NYC have been telling me over the last month or so. :D

#22     Jun 24, 2009
  3. It's Lake Louise in Vancouver, B.C.

And oh yes, that is fine for swimming in the summer. Cleanest water you'll see short of the poles. All fresh, snowpack, flowing over limestone, bedrock and other filtration media.

If you ever get the chance to spend time with your family there, do NOT pass it up.

They even have a beautiful and environmentally-conscious hotel nearby:

http://www.fairmont.com/lakelouise

That land is touched by the very hand of G_d.

#24     Jun 26, 2009

4. Lake Louise is in Alberta, not B.C.

#25     Jun 27, 2009
  5. Really now . . .

And how many days has it rained in a row in the Northeast? Did I not see > 5" of rain dump in Fairfield County, Connecticut yesterday? :D

#26     Jul 2, 2009
  6. #27     Jul 3, 2009
  7. BiLo

It's NOT Lake Louise, but it's just over the mountain from it. It's called the Valley of the Ten Peaks. In my humble opinion, it's the most beautiful place in North America. It's also clean, relatively quiet, and pristine. There is a gorgeous hiking trail. The view from the 11th switchback is even more stunning than this very nice picture.

#28     Jul 16, 2009
  8. Back from NY. The weather wasn't too bad, actually. Got to see some filming of Harrison Ford and Rachel McAdams (in center photo) at Madison Sq, while relaxing at the Borders upstairs.
    Only downside was arriving on E train/JFK at midnight... Let's just say it wasn't filled with three piece suits. That being said, lots of fun places there. Interesting to see all of the wall street buildings cordoned off with rails and security... is that normal these days? Happy to be back on the west coast.:D

[​IMG]

#29     Jul 16, 2009
  9. #30     Aug 8, 2009