Another fing shooting.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vanzandt, Jul 4, 2022.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

At a fing parade! And I actually know (just called) someone who I think took their kids to it.
    I got no answer!!!
    >>> wtf is wrong with these f'n people?!
    Something is f'd up in our culture.

smallfil likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

These people... everyone cheers when they get taken out... I wish these f'rs would all get captured alive.

If they have so much as one iota of knowing right from wrong... then put them in a 4X6 solitary confinement cell for the next 90 years. No light, no nothing. And make sure there's no way they can end their own misery, because it doesn't deserve to end. I don't care if it is cruel and inhumane; an eye for an eye. The people who have lost a child to this stuff, their suffering will never end, so why shouldn't the pos that caused it --- suffer forever too.

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It's happening everywhere now. I'm used to hearing about the shootings in Chicago. Yet, this parade mass shooting (sniper attack) wasn't too far from my 2nd home there in Evanston.
    • A lot of suburbs are planning a special July 4th parade and/or fireworks celebration because the Pandemic had canceled or watered down the prior two July 4th celebrations.
    The family was going to attend the Evanston fireworks celebration tonight and then stay at my place for the night but will not go now because the fireworks celebration has been canceled because of the mass shooting in the nearby Highland Park area.

Instead, they'll just spend a quiet evening at home...watching the fireworks displays from around the country on TV.
    • I myself almost flew into town for the Highland Park parade and the Evanston fireworks display but decided to visit in August to spend more quality time with mom.
    It sucks for my two brothers because their families drove all the way from South Dakota and Kentucky for the July 4th fireworks celebration to spend time with mom (all staying at my place in Evanston). :(

The young shooter (sniper) is still at large. Most likely left his rifle behind and then quietly blended in with the crowd while everybody was running from the area. Hopefully, he bragged about what he was going to do on social media or to a friend...probably the only way he will be caught.

I just hope there will be not another mass shooting because this is what they call a soft target. Not much the police can do to stop it when it begins. Three nearby top Universities...Northwestern, Loyola, and the University of Chicago are typically on the police radar as soft targets.

Yet, a July 4th Parade...mass shooting...what the fuck.

Highland-Park-Illinois-Mass-Shooting.png

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

its fing ridiculous.

Just to update, we did get ahold of my friends little brother, he said they're all fine, not taking calls, because probably like 1000's of other residents there, calls are flooding in to check on loved ones.

wrbtrader likes this.
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Human life and the meaning of July 4th just don't mean the same anymore. :mad:

Luckily, some people recognize sniper fire along with seeing a few people drop immediately...those early witnesses then started running instead of standing still and thinking it was fireworks. The action of those running...scaring others to do the same may have saved a lot of lives today.

wrbtrader

6. Millionaire

Millionaire

Googling seemed there was a jump in mass shooting from 2012 onwards in the US.

I think it maybe related to the rise of cheap smart phones from that period onwards. And how this allowed more young people to live on the internet 24/7.

vanzandt likes this.
  7. exGOPer

exGOPer

Thoughts and prayers for the gun. As for the victims, the GOP gubernatorial candidate says it’s time to “move on” and forget them.

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

The correlation between the two is seemingly undeniable.

9. Here is that piece of shit.

‘Let’s move on and celebrate’: Trump-backed Illinois candidate offers brief thoughts and prayers after Highland Park parade shooting

[​IMG]

"The shooter is still at large, so let's pray for justice to prevail," Bailey addd, "and now let's move on and celebrate the independence of this nation. We know the mission, we have got to get corruption and evil out of our government, and we have got to elect men and women of honor and of courage to get this country and this state back on track."

10. easymon1

easymon1

Where was it?
    Was it that 'fire at and flee the cops in a car then pull the car over jump out and flee on foot then turn around in the dark and...'
    A low odds play after which, who wins?
    Damn shame all around.

#10     Jul 4, 2022