Another Fine? FXCM to pay $650,000 CFTC fine over capital shortfall

Discussion in 'Forex' started by surf'n trade, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Feb 13 FXCM Inc agreed to pay a $650,000 civil fine to settle U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission charges that the currencies broker was undercapitalized in January 2015 and was too slow to report the shortfall.

http://www.reuters.com/article/fxcm-cftc-settlement-idUSL1N1FY0W5

Any of this money going to make it back to the customers?

dealmaker likes this.
  2. JackRab

JackRab

Why would any of this money go to the customers?

I have no experience with FXCM and from what I've read I'd rather not be involved with them..., however their customers made the losses and blew up their accounts on the Swiss Franc debacle, leaving FXCM with a capital shortfall....

So again, why on earth would any of this fine be going to their failed customers, who knowingly traded over-leveraged....

Sig likes this.
  3. Sig

Sig

Seriously, no love lost with them either but it makes no sense to demand a fine be disbursed to customers who suffered no harm from the action leading to the fine. Not to mention the fact that fines are never disbursed to customers, it would be called damages if it was.

4. truetype

truetype

Agree the clients aren't entitled to anything, but re 'knowingly traded over-leveraged,' ummm, who let them do that?

5. InfoTech

InfoTech

6. JackRab

JackRab

So what's your point? FXCM should have been more clear that the clients were taking on a lot of risk?

This 'I didn't know I could lose that much' bullshit of people who engage in derivatives/leveraged trading..... Everyone who trades leveraged FX knows how it works. You gamble, you win some you lose some.

Don't do over-leveraged FX trading, don't use full margin on a low value account, don't do harddrugs, don't drink-'n-drive...

You mom gave birth to you and included a brain... use it. And if you don't plan to use it, then don't complain when you get knocked off your feet by people who do use theirs. What are we... a nanny-state?

7. Overnight

Overnight

Jack, everyone gets a medal. Even the losers get medals that say they are winners, even though they lost big-time. It would hurt the losers' feelings were it to be otherwise.

8. JackRab

JackRab

Well that's f#$%ed up @Overnight !

No wonder we're losing the war....

Overnight likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

You are so silly.

10. agnes35

agnes35

I traded by Robot at FXCC (as their ECN had no commission) and then moved to FXCM due to my trading strategy (as scalper)

But I moved from FXCM after EURCHF floor crash and they lost 450+ millions. And now their share (NASDAQ) price is $2.80 after last week incident! I think it was a right decision I moved to Hanseatic Broker from them as I am trading mostly cFD.

I wish good luck for FXCM as they were one of the top broker!

#10     Feb 15, 2017