Another example of wonderful Sharia "justice" in Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Oct 1, 2006.

1. In the footsteps of the Iranian teenager who was hanged for having sex, an Iranian woman and mother of two who said she was raped has been sentenced to death, but this time via public stoning:

------------------------------------------

Once again, another Iranian woman has been sentenced to death by the barbaric practice of public stoning. On June 28, 2006, a court in the northwestern Iranian city of Urmia sentenced Malak Ghorbany to death for committing "adultery." Under Iran's Penal Code, the term "adultery" is used to describe any intimate or sexual act between a man and a girl/woman who are not married. The crime of adultery is also used in cases where a girl is deemed to have committed "acts incompatible with chastity," which includes instances of rape. The punishment for "adultery" is death.

On the day of her punishment, the woman's hands are tied behind her back as she becomes covered from head to toe in winding sheets and is placed seated in a pit. The pit is then filled up to her chest with dirt and the dirt is tamped down. At that point, members of the community are invited to murder her by hurling rocks at her. However, to ensure that the condemned woman/girl receives the absolute maximum amount of pain and torture, the Iranian government has even mandated the size of the stones that are to be used in this barbaric act of public execution. By law, the stones must not be too small as to prevent ultimate death, nor must they be too large that they could cause the girl's death "too soon."

The Committee for the Defense of Human Rights of Iranian Kurdistan has issued a statement to save the life of Malak Ghorbany, and I have initiated a petition, directed to members of the United Nations, Amnesty International, the ruling clerics in Iran, and various other organizations and entities around the world to oppose Malak's barbaric sentence. I need you to help me save Malak's life, as we did with the 17 year old Nazanin, by signing this petition and raising as much awareness as possible to her case. Without significant international pressure and expressions of outrage at the atrocities committed by the Isalmic regime, Iranians will continue to be subjected to medieval practices that violate the most basic rights of humans.

http://savemalak.googlepages.com/home

2. achilles28

achilles28

Disgusting.

On a side note - I'm sure its purely coincidental your new-found outrage of Sharia law just so happens to coincide with the Administrations push for an Iranian attack.

Are you familar with the term, Marionette?

3. "new-found outrage of Sharia law"?

What a maroon. I've made comments about Sharia law for quite some time, not recently.

Let's take this one step further, maroon. You presuppose that I am pointing out such outrages of Sharia law because Bush Administration is pushing for an Iranian attack. A couple of points:

1) What would I, a mere ET member, have to gain by doing so? Do you honestly believe that by posting here, I will influence some of the ET membership to wake up and see the evil aspects of Sharia law, and this will.................do what exactly? I suppose the Bush Administration is waiting on pins and needles for my report from ET before they launch their attack. Is that it?

What a maroon!

2) Please provide evidence that the Bush Administration is "pushing" for an attack on Iran. The latest I've read is that they're trying for another round of diplomacy and all they've said about military action is that it remains an option, which they've said for quite some time now.

So please show us that you have more proof than mere conjecture, as most often turns out to be all you moonbats have.

What a maroon!

Are you familiar with the term "delusional"?

4. What kind of people would be doing the stoning?
    It suggests villagers are encouraged to participate, but near as i can tell, the sentence is often helped along by government, in this case local mullahs 'cheerleaders, similiar to the 'motivation' techniques of the soviet regime.

What if they had a stoning, and no-one turned up?
    Would the executioners/gravediggers peace officers carry it out instead, anyway?

Would they "persuade" people at gunpoint (or close enough to) turn up and hurl a few rocks, with a nice photo op thrown in ?

5. And these are the type people we are wasting American lives on. Bring the troops home, program launch codes, push buttons, settle back with your favorite beverage and watch the show. There will be no peace until the entire region is turned to glass.

6. "..members of the community are invited..." so maybe select members of said community participate, the kind that would gleefully participate.

I highly doubt no one would turn up...

7. Wasnt bush the most -execute everyone governer to have have existed for decades??

Looking at the site, had many of those women lived in texas, they would still have likely been executed, doin life etc, many were involved in manslaughter/murder of some sort.

Is it simply the perceived barbarism of stoneing, the perceived lack of justice from almost non existent levels of evidence,
    or simply the "weighting "of the system against women that people find objectionable?

8. achilles28

achilles28

Nothing. But that doesn't stop you from spamming these boards with your incessant right-wing drivel.

You're a parrot. Or a dog. WOOF!

Bushs public declarations an Iranian A-bomb won't be "Tolerated" and the Iranians insistence to press on developing one...

In case you may not be aware, Bush went through the same motions of 'diplomacy' with Iraq, all the while - months prior - the decision to go to war had already been made (Downing Street Memo, Colin Powel etc).

9. Yeah, just i saw a doco (secretly filmed presumably, claimed to be)
    which suggested most of the villagers detested the practice , thought it completely amoral, and could only point out, if they said anything against it, or refused to participate when they were told to (by religious fanatics with ak-47s ) they and their family would be brutally killed or dissapear, basically.

But you may have a point, obviously it doesnt take much to incite a violent mob.

What better, than an obvious, and legal target. Particularly, given their not allowed to drink, or they could just enjoy soccer riots or something.

10. Thank you for validating my post, and by doing so, demonstrating that yours was just typical moonbat prattle.

What a comeback. It is clear you were the most gifted of your school debate team.

He's been saying that for quite a long time. Nothing "new-found" about it.

Dolt.

#10     Oct 2, 2006