Another day, another record high in gold.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Jun 18, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

One thing im bullish on is gold, have been for quite sometime and think it goes higher however I do see profit taking in the short term.

#11     Jun 18, 2010
  2. If someone had absolutely no gold or silver, I would tell them to buy here, absolutely. With all the money printing going on, the only way to keep your savings safe is buying gold & silver.

If buying gold & silver was a bad bet, why would so many central banks be adding gold to their reserves right now? Isnt cash king for them? If you have a money printer, WHY do you need gold? There is only one answer. That the money printing machines are not going to be there forever.

#12     Jun 19, 2010
  3. Gold is a suckers investment. It is only good as a cash equivalent. Basicly, you dont know which currency is gonna be the next reserve currency, so gold would be a good interim currency because you can exchange it for every fiat currency in the world... However gold will never become THE currency. Those gold bugs dont understand that.

#13     Jun 19, 2010
  4. There is no doubt that gold shields against inflation. But I fear there is also a little bubble here.

Anything unsustainable overpriced is a bubble. No matter how important the asset is.

Still I wish I had money to invest back in 2003 when I knew gold was going up.

Like many economists I estimate the real price of gold to be betwen 900 and 1000. The rest could be a little buble.

#14     Jun 20, 2010
  5. Debt based paper is a suckers investment.

Look at the history of international trade. Much more often than not, it was based on bartering or precious metals.

It's only been the last 40 years that international trade has gone 100% debt based money. Yet most people think it's the tried and true and only method. Historical ignorance leads to historical arrogance. As if we figured it all out with the current "perfect" system.

Its days are numbered. International trade will revert to gold.

#15     Jun 20, 2010
  6. Is ANYONE reporting on this?
    Central banks buying at these levels signals a major shift, yes?

#16     Jun 20, 2010
  7. you cant fight city hall or the day of the locusts (aka gold fairies)

You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.
    thanks for wasting my time again

#17     Jun 21, 2010
  8. The 'real price' of gold? What's that? The cost it takes to get it out of the ground and into bar form plus a retail markup comparable to, say, that which prevails in the hair conditioner industry?

With paper currency no longer tied to a gold standard, there is no 'real price' of gold.

#18     Jun 21, 2010
  9. The real price is a term used in economics to estimate the market price of a good or service based only on its industry supply and demand....other things being the same.

In this case gold is being use as shield for financiers, traders, investors and many others who seek protection of their investments.

#19     Jun 21, 2010