Another day, another new low for democrats.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 9, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

One thing you can always count on as sure as the sun rising in the morning, is for some degenerate liberal to lower the bar even further, and become even more sleazy than the last time. The newest attack ad depicts Allen West beating up old white women....

We all know that these same ass hats would be howling racism if the roles were reversed, and someone on the right was to create a video like this about obama.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BSke77t5xCw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TOO FAR? NEW ATTACK AD TARGETING ALLEN WEST DEPICTS HIM BEATING WOMEN

It is hard to think of an attack ad lower than the one essentially blaming Mitt Romney for a woman’s death, but we may have just found one.

It’s from Florida, and it depicts Allen West (R-FL) in a boxing ring with red gloves on. The cartoon-like video then shows West punching an old woman, a young lady and seemingly a family with children. He also steals cash from the hands of the family and pockets it, all while laughing like a gremlin.

The ad is starting to garner attention from critics, including one who thinks there are some racial undertones. Javier Manjarres, who is following the race closely, notes:

”The ad slyly uses a caricature of West and portrays him as a bully who hits women- more specifically, a white women- while he grabs money away from a “middle class” family that just happens to be a black family.”
    The American Sunrise PAC is responsible for the video. The group was incidentally founded by the father of Congressman West’s general election opponent, Democrat Patrick Murphy, who has funneled $250,000 into the PAC.

In the wake of what will undoubtedly be a bloody campaign season, it’s worth asking: Who is responsible for policing the outside groups and their claims on candidates? Are they getting out of hand? And how should campaigns respond?

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Free speech. Deplorable in this case, but no law should be made to curtail it.

Voters should, instead, vote against the candidate to whom the SuperPAC is associated with. That would stop these ads as candidates would howl in anger when their SuperPACs do crap like this.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Ohhh i fully agree that its free speech and it shouldnt be blocked, I do find it hilarious though that the democrats actually buy into their own bullshit that they are somehow the party of civility.

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

During elections, no party is the party of civility. There are indecent folk on all sides.

I get these emails from my dad (who is a die hard republican) that he sends out on his distribution list. He's retired, and that means he spends all day on the net fueling his anger. When he sends out despicable pieces on the left, I just shake my head. One day, he sent out a particularly nasty email and it wasn't even accurate (as most mud slinging is inaccurate). I couldn't hold back. I "replied to all" on his list and called him out. I told him to stop lowering himself to the level of attack dogs. To stop going for "out of bounds" topics, just because the other side did. I told him to focus on the issues, because if conservatives do that, we win all the time. It's when we attempt to mix it up with liberals on their terms that we get dragged down into the mud. What's that expression? If you argue with an idiot, people watching can't tell who is who?

Stick to the issues. Two people on that distribution list, both military and republicans, replied back in reference to my email "what he said." My father stopped, for about a few weeks. Oh well.

5. Max E.

Max E.

Neither side is civil, but one side definitely stoops lower, and that is the democrats. The reason why is because the media essentially allows them to get away with it, if Romney had created one of these last 2 ads by the dems, it would be wall to wall media coverage calling Romney a racist, with the dems they basically cover it for a day and let it slide, on CNN, it wasnt even the main story yesterday, first off both anderson cooper and erin burnett lead out with hit pieces on Romney, none of NBC, ABC, or CBS even covered it.

Earlier in the campaign when one of Romney's guys was going to make an ad tying obama to reverend wright, the left wing media was on it for days decrying how shameful the ads would be,and this was before the Romney superpac even went ahead with the ad, this was while it was still up for consideration.....

6. Romney has a choice. He can fight fire with fire, or he can lose in a gentlemanly fashion like McCain did.

7. Max E.

Max E.

I agree its time to take the gloves off, the dems have shown there is no low they will not cross.

8. pspr

pspr

McCain just ran a stupid campaign in the last month. Of course, I don't think any Republican could have won after the financial collapse.

9. Non-sense it was in the bag until mcvain decidede to QUIT Campaigning and support what 80% of the public didn't want (bailout).

thereby proving he really "didn't know much about the economy" as he had said before.

obam didn't so much"win" as let his opponent destroy himself.

10. Ricter

Ricter

Looks like Romney's gloves stay on, he's gonna keep it clean.

"BOSTON - Advisers to Mitt Romney on Friday said that President Barack Obama has diminished the presidency with his attacks on the presumptive Republican nominee, and defended their own questionable ads by saying they are part of a campaign that's "based on issues."

"We are betting that a substantive campaign, conducted on the high ground, and focused primarily on jobs and the economy, will trump a campaign that is designed to appeal to our worst instincts," Eric Fehrnstrom, a senior Romney adviser, told reporters at the campaign headquarters."

More:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/romney-campaign-insists-high-ground_n_1764463.html

#10     Aug 10, 2012