Another choice for Pocket PC RT quote & intraday chart

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by flyland, Jan 20, 2004.

1. flyland

flyland

You can check news for a certain stock by clicking the news button right beside its intraday chart. Alert is not available in this version. But I'm sure there will be a good alert system built-in in our next product. Right now, we have just started. More features will be added. Thanks for your interest in our product, dhandy :)

#11     Jan 21, 2004
  2. dhandy

dhandy

I just installed the demo.
    I like the layout, but the data is not REAL-TIME and not STREAMING.
    I can get the same info from yahoo on my PocketPC for free.

All in all I liked it, but it’s not for professional…

Big D
    :D :D :D

#12     Jan 21, 2004

3. interesting logic.

:eek: :confused: :eek:

#13     Jan 21, 2004
  4. flyland

flyland

I don't know why you said it is not realtime. It's just not streaming. You can get the same Realtime ECN quote from yahoo, but you cannot get the free realtime intraday chart from yahoo. This is surely an advantage.

Moreover, using a web browser on ppc to view quote and delayed chart is very slow. And the html layout is terrible on small screen. So web browser's approach is almost impractical.

The software utilizes free data to its maximum degree, and offers common investor an entry level(or as a backup) solution without paying any subscription fee.

We are designing a PRO version as well. It will solve all of your concerns. :p

Thanks for your comments.

#14     Jan 22, 2004
  5. dhandy

dhandy

I would like to see the PRO version. When will it be out and whats the $$$?

Also, where are you getting your date/quotes from?

Thx

Bid D
    :D :D :D

#15     Jan 22, 2004
  6. Just check there from Yahoo, they mentionned that their free quote are delayed of 20 min. You can to subsribe to RT for a fee.

http://finance.yahoo.com/sd

#16     Jan 22, 2004
  7. flyland

flyland

Please check yahoo realtime ECN. We have both realtime quote and realtime intraday chart. Try the software and you will see.

To dhandy: I cannot comment on it at this time. I hope if things go smoothly it won't be a long waiting. Thanks for your support. :)

#17     Jan 22, 2004
  8. #18     Sep 14, 2006
  9. Wtf was that? Did you just give me a virus?

#19     Sep 14, 2006
  10. I hope not... Hillcast had a product for cell phones & pda's

MidCast from HillCast can now stream quotes from the NYSE and NASDAQ. This is currently available on all Pocket PCs for $24.95/mth and will be available on all Palm OS devices on september 30.

If interested, contact sales@hillcast.com or 512-474-4644.

No more Hillcast???

#20     Sep 14, 2006