Another child predator we can "study" to satisfy the Libs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Is there evidence that you can present, that every single molester has, upon release from prison, up to the time of their death....molested again?

I am guessing the answer is no.

Say that there is a 75% rate, in which molesters will once again molest. (I don't know what the exact and proven numbers are).

What about the 25% who for whatever reason, do not molest again?

Is there justice in holding them accountable for the sins of others?

Some will of course say yes......

That we should never, ever give a molester a second chance.

That is their opinion, but at present, it is not the law.

So, even if the law is changed to one strike and out, I would still not support the death penalty.

p.s. I would not take the DA's office as fact. If they had statistical data that would show that a molester absolutely represented a danger to society, they would not be paroled or released at the end of their prision term.

#121     Apr 28, 2006
  2. I think your all looking in the wrong place.

These alleged "arguments "are nothing more than the standard propaganda.

Think. but not too hard.......

#122     Apr 28, 2006
  3. g222

g222

Then please share with us your thoughts on where the right place might be.

#123     Apr 28, 2006
  4. nitro

nitro

I don't know anything about this specific situation, but It is almost a certainty a survival instinct and not a premeditated act to commit murder. It is likely simply removing a comptetitor in the food chain.

A rival lion will kill cubs to induce a lioness to go into heat. It doesn't eat the cubs. There are problably cases of animals displaying "human like" predatory acts of for purposes other than instinctual survival, but it is not a question of whether it exists, but in what numbers.

nitro

#124     Apr 28, 2006
  5. g222

g222

Lions, killer whales, herbavores, sealions, cats ...
    Do we digress ???

#125     Apr 28, 2006
  6. g222

g222

I wonder if there's any evidence that no one molester has, upon release from prison, up to the time of their death, never molested again? This would be an interesting statistic and could point the way to get others to follow.

In posts I've read, there are those who cannot support the death penalty - as is their right to do. Then I would suggest that they assume the burden of support for the resulting life terms as well as responsibility for the actions of those 'lifers' should any of them escape. I would also propose that those who would stand against the death penalty, underscore their support by moving in and becoming a part of those communities that surround the prisons housing these 'lifers'. Their willingness to expose themselves and their families to the dangers of potential escape would truly demonstrate the sincerety of their beliefs.

#126     Apr 28, 2006
  7. jem

jem

Please note - I used the word "opportunity" to modify the strike again statement.

Additionally, the institutional belief was firmly embedded in the Probation departments because of their experience working with molesters.

Finally, you can deal with first time offenders by keeping them under surveillance or locked up. I have no problem locking up a confirmed child molester for life.

#127     Apr 28, 2006

8. Believe justice system/state legislators, rightly or wrongly, use a 10% recidivism rate when they do their thing.

Another thing is the definitions of sex offenders varies greatly across states. You have the horror shows such as the killer in this thread obviously included - on down to much more benign levels such as exhibitionists, gropers (which I will be in my later years -- adult women only :cool:), stautory rapes, unlawful sexual contact, maybe even pissing in public.

In the current New England sex offender vigilante brouhaha, one of the offenders killed was nothing more than a teenage dolt that wanted to marry a 15 yo. Incidentally, the vigilante apparently had over 30 names and addresses off of the Offender Registry on his computer.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/04/18/sex_crime_disclosure_questioned/

#128     Apr 28, 2006
  9. g222

g222

Leave it to the advanced intellect of our lawmakers to put the act of a 19 year old having sex with his 15 year old girl friend in the same league as molesting a young child. Let's hope the voters remember this at the polls.

#129     Apr 28, 2006