Another boring trade today, Welltower... WELL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cabin111, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

I have owned this before...A few years ago. This is a very Covid (pandemic) sensitive stock!! You would think twice before you will put your loved ones into a retirement facility during a pandemic. I like this stock and it's dividend. I don't like that besides retirement communities, they also have some skilled nursing facilities. Things like physical or emotional abuse and bed sores can cause liability to soar!! WELL hit a low of $37 something during the middle of the pandemic. It could happen again...Eyes wide open.

I have money on the sidelines at Schwab...Earning diddly/squat. I'll treat this trade like a short term bond...I am looking for income. I am forgoing long term appreciation. My short term capital gains would be about $3. if it closed in the money.

I bought 100 shares of WELL at $79.95. I then did a covered call for the June 22 $80. for $6.30. It also has about a 3% dividend. If it doesn't get called away, I will option it again to generate income.

My wife and I don't pay any income taxes...Not much income. Much of our income is in CDs, SSI, Roth IRAs, one rental (cheap rent), stocks, dividends, and option money. Our medical and dental wipes out any income for the year. Just me...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Just buy SNAP and ignore the noise.
    58% q over q growth and they tank it 30% lol.
    SNAP's not going away.
    Quarterly reports are CNBC sensationalism for retail dummies.
    It's the best growth stock in tech out there.
    If it goes to $49, triple down.
    The other ones are XI, AI, and RBLX.

BlueWaterSailor and Vtechno like this.
  3. thecoder

thecoder

XI seems to be an unknown ticker. Do you rather mean XL ? Or maybe XLNX ?

vanzandt likes this.
  4. VicBee

VicBee

Snapchat? Just took a pretty big hit for bad Q3! Might be a good buy now though...

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Oh, my bad. Keyboard.
    ZI.

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Make no mistake, it could, and probably will go lower.

But ya know, there were no surprises in that quarter for the big players.
    They know all this stuff.
    Yeah they missed revenues. $1.07B vs $1.1B expected.
    What's that, like $30M? 2.5%.?
    Apple threw them a curve-ball with IOS.
    They'll fix that in-house. Or so they say.

More notably they they beat earnings by 100%, (.17 vs .08 expected), and daily average users, a huge metric in this game, smoked it with a 23% increase.
    23%!

So who knows. All these stocks are expensive imo, but if the so-called smart money was buying SNAP hand over foot at $75, I don't see that a lot of things have changed here. At all.

The macro-environment regarding all growth stocks.... that's the wild card imo, and there's certainly room for some multiple contraction across the board, but with all things being equal and the appetite for growth stays hardy, I'd say Snapchat is a safe bet for the long haul.

7. VicBee

VicBee

About 18 months ago in the earlier days of covid I bought CTAS (Cintas, the uniforms cleaning company) as an investment. Best decision I made, up 72%, better performing than AMZN.

comagnum likes this.
  8. Cabin111

Cabin111

I'm going to piggy back with thoughts about this Welltower trade. I was going over my accounts a Schwab...I am fine with this trade. The stock dropped over 6% during the day. As I said before, very Covid sensitive company. I really thought it would drop more...Closed at $81.92.

Just wondering if the market, for Covid sensitive stocks, do not believe that the South African strain (omicron) will be that powerful? With 32 mutations, I would have thought it would have totally spooked the market!! I see Friday's market drop more like profit taking..."Give me some reason to close out positions". This is nothing like the March 2020, when Trump (not taking sides) closed down the country.

We'll see...

PS...I'll share a link of someone I like to listen to. This man just shares covid info, then lets other people make the calls. At the end of the video he seems to say this could either become a major disaster or could quickly create "herd immunity"...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  9. Cabin111

Cabin111

This is just a gleaning of the first information out there...IT COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG!! Just grabbed off of Google...

Here is what a South African doctor said the symptoms looked like...Not too bad, but these were healthy people.

“It presents mild disease with symptoms being sore muscles and tiredness for a day or two not feeling well,” Coetzee told the paper. “So far, we have detected that those infected do not suffer the loss of taste or smell. They might have a slight cough. There are no prominent symptoms. Of those infected some are currently being treated at home.”

She described one “very interesting case” involving a 6-year-old girl.

She had “a temperature and a very high pulse rate, and I wondered if I should admit her. But when I followed up two days later, she was so much better,” she said.