Another big Chicago trading name exits

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Dec 13, 2018.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

2. Pekelo and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  3. ET180

ET180

For some people, work gives their lives meaning. If someone enjoys working, no reason to stop.

billv, ironchef, Pekelo and 1 other person like this.
  4. I agree. But if someone manages other people's money, he should be mindful of his age and the risk that age will wear off his performance and cause him to lose other people's money.

5. ET180

ET180

When I get to that age, I hope that everything I do will be automated. Maybe my computer will be trading for me long after I'm dead. In any case, not all people age at the same rate. Maybe cognitively he's at the same level as most 45 year olds.

6. The code behind the automation still needs to be changed from time to time because market changes. You still need to be mentally agile even with full automation.

murray t turtle and d08 like this.
  7. ET180

ET180

A good system requires very little tweaking. Doesn't require nearly the attention and focus that discretionary trading requires -- once it's developed.

d08 likes this.
  8. I would be scared to death (no pun intended) if I was dying and realized my main purpose in life and what gave my life meaning was my job and work. What a poor testimony to the wisdom of such person.

9. Roughly speaking, how much are the appro costs for data/exchanges/connectivity for a firm of that size?

10. One "king of the fruits", seven bananas, one abalone and the roasted ass of a orangutan.

#10     Dec 13, 2018