Another Bad Cramer Pick-c

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dsq, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Seriously thought he was going to give the CHK CEO a rub and tug on national t.v. when he was pumping the stock at the highs.

"It's the year of natural gas" -- Cramer, mid 2008

"Natural gas is the future" --- Cramer, mid 2008

"Buy, Buy, Buy"-- Cramer, DOW 14000 all the way to DOW 9600

"Get out!!!! Sell Everything"-- Cramer, DOW 9600

#11     Oct 15, 2008
  2. dsq

dsq

no he said last week that he got snookered by the chk ceo...thats his flip-flop for now anyway...

#12     Oct 15, 2008
  3. As we all know, Cramer sells viewership. None of us would take him that serious. BTW, an old friend of mine just got cable last year. He asked me who the clown with the horns was. This same friend retired at 42, through stocks only

#13     Oct 15, 2008
  4. Battered financial stocks always rally after earnings because the bar is set sooo low. The rally is usually short lived but worth 5% in premarket pop or 10:00 rebound.

#14     Oct 15, 2008
  5. R.I.P

#15     Oct 15, 2008
  6. mike007

mike007

I usually do the opposite of what Cramer says. You make more money that way.

#16     Oct 15, 2008
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

What is the opposite of "Buy high dividend yielding stocks on this retest of the market, but don't use any money you need for the next 5 years, but I really don't like this market!" Huh? :confused:

#17     Oct 15, 2008
  8. mike007

mike007

oo, I agree, he is a spaz.

#18     Oct 15, 2008
  9. mike007

mike007

I know people that bought CHK at the high because Cramer said it would be good. Alot of people just blindly follow him without taking time on their own to research.

#19     Oct 15, 2008
  10. bxptone

bxptone

I love taking part in Cramer bashing threads. So here's another one I remember! Cramer recommending crappy companies before earnings, hence leading people into certain death, reminds me of ANOTHER one of his all time pumps. RIVERBED technology. It wasn't bad enough that this stock tanked after he kept telling people to buy during it's run up. But last earnings call, or the one before, he told people to be buyers before earnings. LOL, naturally earnings came and AH stock tanked 10%

And today he said, "Some people want to claim I'm responsible for the crash" Lol read my post on ET recently Cramer?

Sadly with his huge ego, I wouldn't be surpised if he did waste his time reading message boards to see what we say lol.

#20     Oct 15, 2008