Another article on that $600 enhanced unemployment bonus

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Aug 5, 2020.

1. S2007S

S2007S

christielowe and athlonmank8 like this.
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

There are people in dire straits, through no fault of their own, because this happened in an election year. Millions of people were infected with swine flu in 2012 but a saint was president then and it was ignored.

3. The swine flu paled in comparison to coronavirus, but yes many people are in dire straits

4. Overnight

Overnight

If the fed could have somehow come up with a matching system, where those whose states did not give full unemployment were "topped" up to match the paycheck, we would not be in this mess.

The extra $600/week was a bloody mistake in all measure.

5. “Pay bills”? LMAO
    I think you meant “BUY IPHONES”

6. Overnight

Overnight

That's the problem. They did not think to sock away the free FED money into savings, for when their state unemployment checks run out and they cannot get their old job back. Morons.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  7. wartrace

wartrace

Why should the taxpayers pay more to the unemployed than many are making by working a "McJob"? In my state of Tennessee the effective hourly pay is 21 bucks an hour if getting the sate maximum and the Fed bonus. With the fed bonus alone it is 15 bucks. How many part timers working 10 hours a week collected 600 dollars to replace a 75 dollar job?

8. Overnight

Overnight

If you are working, you cannot collect unemployment.

Your argument is superfluous and confusing?

9. S2007S

S2007S

10. hafez50

hafez50

That’s incorrect .Your allowed to make $300 a week and collect the $600 a week Fed pua . I’ve talked to at least 15 workers at restaurants or retailers that did that . There wages were purposely kep low by employers so they could collect the $600. 35% of people collecting unemployment are self employed workers . I now a self employed guy who showed 9 k of income that collected at least 20 k of benefits . My fathers housekeepers who work mostly cash businesses collecting . 30 mil people collecting and probably 10 mil are bogus fraudulent claims .

#10     Aug 6, 2020