Another Angle to Today's Close

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MKTrader, Oct 27, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Stk trder and the rest of those who think rate cuts are great for this market, you are insane, rate cuts arent going to do anything for this market, I have said this over and over and over again, aside from that the only thing that is going to fix this crisis is TIME.

#11     Oct 27, 2008
  2. The first of the rate cuts began just 14 months ago. They take time to work.

#12     Oct 27, 2008
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Rate cuts are little more than symbolic at this point, IMO. However, our resident permabull may have a point about bad news being priced in.

#13     Oct 27, 2008
  4. Hey heads up, did you know it is allowed to make money trading in BOTH directions? :eek:

:D :D :D

#14     Oct 27, 2008
  5. I had no clue that the fake financial crisis would eventually annihilate every sector. I never saw it coming so I held. But the short trade is over. Thats what the experts are saying. Motley fool says to buy as well as seeking alpha and kudlow. The downside at this stage does seem very limited.

#15     Oct 27, 2008
  6. Gotta say, I admire your unwavering dedication to being a bull in this type of market. Every thread I've seen you post on you have the same outlook.

I'm on the other end of the fence.

~telengard

#16     Oct 27, 2008
  7. I know people will get a kick out of this but im serious. reason the market dumped at 3:55pm was becuase Ted Stevens was found guilty on all counts.

Look at the move in Big oil at the same time.
    But a guilty republican is not good for Mcain, palian or the whole republican party for the election.

#17     Oct 27, 2008
  8. Hmm possibly but the intrade numbers haven't budged and Alaska was already voting McCain anyway. However, mccain will stick it out till the end.

#18     Oct 27, 2008
  9. I don’t care about Alaska. I care that people will see one of the most Sr. Republicans convicted of fraud. Your gonna hear about this for the next week out of every democrat whose running for office. Its only 7 days left, and the market has moved higher based on “good polling by mccain” on 1 day last week

McCain already lost the election, but this will not help the chances of republicans running and increases the chance of enough dems to get past a filibuster

I understand it could be chance the market tanked, but big cap oil stocks moved even more, that confirms it.

#19     Oct 27, 2008