Another Ameranth!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by e-miNY, Oct 6, 2006.

1. e-miNY

e-miNY

Look at the wheat Z6/U7 Spread. The front month is up 6 and the back month is down 7. The spread moved 30 cents in 2 days.

It looks like another hedge fund got stuck.

2. looks to be another interesting day.do you think the change in margin will have any affect? doesnt seem like a big change.unless a person is hurting already.

3. e-miNY

e-miNY

It shouldnt have any effect. I dont think the spread is affected by the margin change. I heard locals are on the bear spread along with the funds. The australia news hit, and there are some problem with harvest over there, the spread took off.

4. I'm hearing we could be limit bid tommorrow too...
    that hurts...

5. e-miNY

e-miNY

Limit up in the overnight session. What else is new when someone with huge position is caught on the wrong side? 10 bucks coming like soybeans 2 yrs ago?

6. hi. do they expand the daily limit if wheat goes limit up so many days in a row? when bellies went limt up 2 days in a row,they expanded the daily limit to 450,instead of 300.is it the same with cbot grains? thanks for any info.:D

7. you can always search for calls to bail you out of december... a few are for sale.

8. e-miNY

e-miNY

Yup, i heard they will.
    Check out www.rrfn.com CLOSING MARKET
    This is the place to be man.

9. Oh, I'm not short, just wish I was long...
    Did start shorting corn yesterday though :(

10. now is your chance to go long.

#10     Oct 10, 2006