Anonymous surfing service recommended?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by JoePaterno, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Someone who does not know that he can clear cookies is indeed confused.

If you do not appreciate other people's answers why are you asking questions?

#11     Aug 4, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

mr. paterno-

we are still waiting for the name of the 2 services you didn't like and the reasons why.

zdreg

#12     Aug 4, 2010
  3. Someone who thinks that anonymous surfing is basically clearing cookies is on step one of the ladder towards understanding web privacy. Every time you visit some sites, you can have up to 100 traccking cookies put on your site. Take a look at the recent WSJ article on what commercial enterprises put on your PC, including WSJ itself. And cookies are only part of the story. If you like to possibly have to reclear your cookies on each and every click and website and action, be my guest.

#13     Aug 4, 2010
  4. "we" is you bringing up the same topic twice. Clean your glasses and reread the OP, and stop asking stupid questions. This was not a thread about "anonymous services I tried and let us discuss them."

Perhaps in the future, you plan to elaborate on each and every one of your over 5,000 posts, because someone somewhere may possibly want to know your entire thought process behind each one

Congrats on being the first one I put on ignore.

#14     Aug 4, 2010
  5. zdreg

zdreg

#15     Aug 4, 2010
  6. If you referring to me, you did not read my post. I get the feeling you are not here to learn but just to argue. Obviously, you do not know anything about anonymous surfing and how the internet works. If you knew, you wouldn't ask the type of questions you did. Plus, you continue refusing to say which services you have used.

Anyways, just because I feel you may be in trouble, be aware that there is no such thing as totally anonymous internet. Somewhere, some place, someone knows what you have done, and if you are using an anonymous service it is them, meaning one of their anonymous proxies.

#16     Aug 4, 2010
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Joe, I have to agree with the other 2 gentlemen, you are kind of an asshole. You ask a question although it is unclear why you need help or what you are trying to accomplish, and when we try to help you, well, assholery occurs.

Just go to a fucking Starbucks and use their wifi, end of story...

#17     Aug 4, 2010
  8. dont

dont

Use tor together with Privoxy. And just to be sure use Hide IP as well better yet install it all on a laptop and surf from a coffee shop, remember to wear a hoodie for the cameras.

#18     Aug 4, 2010
  9. I use www.privateproxysoftware.com which has 4 servers and changes the ip addresses every 30 minutes. I get a download speed of 11 mbps and an upload of 1.8 mpbs. Seems fast.

Another service that has been around for a while (since the 90s) is www.anonymizer.com which changes the ip address every 24 hours.

#19     Aug 5, 2010
  10. I am not in trouble, and I am not oblivious to anonymous surfing. The OP was simple, whether anyone had recommendations. But thanks for the effort and concern.

#20     Aug 5, 2010