"Anonymous'" new target: the NYSE

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

about time. i hope they drag out all of bernake's personal emails. wouldn't that be a treat.

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Instead of disruption, they should try something what can be used for monetary gain.

After all, the ultimate revenge is living well. :)

Also, if they cause financial losses, a few pissed off bankers might throw in a few million bucks as reward to get them...

3. risky63

risky63

sounds very dangerous...
    piss off the most powerful people on the planet?
    shake the hornets nest and see what comes out.
    I guess they'll find out how "anonymous" they are.

4. There were reports of the nasdaq being hacked into earlier this year. The hackers supposedly were just "looking around" but didn't affect anything . Probably just trying to snoop for their own gain and hopefully not to cause hell.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nasdaq-hacked-2011-2

5. heech

heech

Sounds crazy. Hacking a news site or two is one thing... DoS on paypal is one thing... But threatening the financial system? That's hard time you'd be looking at.

6. clacy

clacy

It's probably about time these guys are found.

7. their computers contain parts made by listed companies...

????

whatever, if they take down NYSE, they'll have a bounty on their heads

hack the planet!

8. risky63

risky63

yup....the hard time will be the granite 6 feet above they're heads.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

This guy actually predicted this last year:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40300159

"Kass thinks terrorists send investors scrambling – not with guns or bombs but using the Internet as a weapon. He tells the desk “I believe cyber crime is going to explode exponentially next year as the web is invaded by hackers.”

And he thinks they target the foundation of capitalism.

”I think we see a specific attack on the NYSE,” he says. “The aftermath will have a profound impact and cause a week-long hiatus in trading as well as a slowdown in travel.” Yup, you read that right – a week long hiatus in trading.

How do you prepare for something like that?

”I’d make sure to have a large amount of cash in my portfolio,” he says.

We know that's a rather startling prediction, and in all fairness Kass divides his predictions into 2 categories possible and probable. Although he didn't say, we're guessing this one lies squarely in the possible (but not probable) category and investors should take it with a grain of salt.

However, when Kass speaks we listen - largely because he’s had an uncanny track record for being right.

Less than a week before the S&P 500 hit a generational low of 676 on March 9, 2009, Kass went on CNBC and predicted the bottom. Also, on July 6, 2010, he said the market had made its lows for the year and so far, that has also proved to be true."

#10     Mar 2, 2011