Announcing TradeStation 7.2

Discussion in 'Events' started by Fred McEnany, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Ebo

Ebo

That indeed is a great question for Mr. TradeStation.
    Why is my Equity Buying Power tied up until the next day when I sell an overnight? EVERY other firm releases all of your DT buying power 4X when you are flat regardless of its holding period 1 hour or 1 day. Is this a Bear Stearns policy, if so will this "potentially" change when TradeStation goes self clearing?
    TradeStation is not competitive in this sense.

Thank You,

Ebo

#31     Dec 4, 2003
  2. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

We do not believe the policies of TradeStation Securities regarding overnight and day-trading buying power rules are materially different from the policies of other securities firms. To clear up any issues that may be causing confusion, please feel free to call our Trade Desk.

#32     Dec 4, 2003
  3. Ebo

Ebo

Your policy is materially different.
    Trust me on this.
    I will not get into a pissing contest with you, nor will I name any competitor by name. My other Equities account has Full 4:1 DAYTRADING BUYING POWER The minute I sell or cover The open positon. This is not affected by the length of time I hold the position. I do not gain my full DT BP back until T PLUS one.
    Why do you post on here at all if you are afraid of saying the wrong thing for legal reasons? What exactly does "Active Trader Sales Manager " mean? Put out fires when they flare too high?
    I already spoke to your desk and I now know TradeStation's "policy".
    Have a Happy Holiday!
    Ebo

#33     Dec 4, 2003