Announcing TradeStation 7.2

Discussion in 'Events' started by Fred McEnany, Nov 7, 2003.

1. This TS Link DLL sounds very intriguing. Are you using it with 2000i or the TS 7.x online version?

Can you give some detail as to what you can accomplish with this dll?

Thanks!

#11     Nov 21, 2003
  2. mmillar

mmillar

Sorry, I meant 2004 - but they don't say when in 2004.

#12     Nov 21, 2003
  3. mmillar

mmillar

They have a demo version on their website with some sample code. It isn't DDE. You basically specify in your TS code where in a spreadsheet you want a particular value put. And it does it.

I use it to take a range of values from my current chart, put it in an Excel spreadsheet, then I paste a link from this spreadsheet into an Excel Workbook Object that is running with TS next to my chart. I then have a traffic light system that works according to the values that are there. Does that make sense? You should also be able to take values from Excel worksheets and use them within TS. I haven't tried this yet but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work - it works fine in the demo.

I use TS 7.1. I have this all running on 1 min charts without any performance issues. I sometimes have trouble getting it all started in the morning (sometimes the spreadsheet comes up automatically, some times I have to manually start it) but once it is up and running it works fine all day.

Cheers

#13     Nov 21, 2003
  4. ethos

ethos

Any plans on supporting stock options in TS?

#14     Nov 24, 2003
  5. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

We expect to support options execution by the first half of 2004

#15     Nov 25, 2003
  6. mmillar

mmillar

Er... My quote was about DDE links to Excel. When will you support DDE links to Excel?

#16     Nov 25, 2003
  7. ramora

ramora

I upgraded to 7.2 last night. I can put a different Workspace on each monitor. Very nice.

Before upgrading I Exported all of my custom indicators to a backup file. When I upgraded 7.2 did not 'verify' my custom indicators and nothing worked. The solution I used to get them working again was to import them again from my backup file. Glad I backed up the indicators.

First impression of 7.2 is very good. I like the multiple monitor support.

Mike

#17     Nov 25, 2003
  8. Surfeur

Surfeur

In TS7.2 no more markets EUREX ( DAX+ EX.. ) OR MATIF(FCE) maybe available soon ?

and in FOREX data intraday just 1 months available ? :)

Thx.

Later.

#18     Nov 25, 2003
  9. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

Supporting DDE Links to Excel is a functionality that is very high on our priority list, so we do expect to add it in a future release. However, at this point, we do not have a time line for a release date target that we can announce.

#19     Nov 25, 2003
  10. Just to clarify :

Say I open an account at Tradestation with 40kusd, will I be able to trade :
    - US stocks
    - FX
    - Futures

On the same account or will I have to decide what I want to trade and will I need to stick to this (in opposite with IB) ?

I like your FX software, looks like a copy of GFTForex one. (I guess they created it for you?)

#20     Nov 28, 2003