Announcing: Surf Fest 2013!!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Potentially. I'm having lunch with him Sunday, I'll ask. You coming this year?

surf

#41     Oct 16, 2012
  2. wow no big deal.. managing just under a bill.. i'm 999,947,900 dollars away from a billion.. no big deal.. baby steps right haha

#42     Oct 16, 2012
  3. I might. If he is going, I gotta get him to sign my book.

#43     Oct 16, 2012
  4. The name is Glen. I'll be in NYC that week. What is the attraction to this event?

#44     Oct 17, 2012
  5. Just an opportunity to meet and greet with your fellow ET'rs. Nothing more, nothing less.

surf

#45     Oct 18, 2012
  6. Hi Glen, be wary when attending such events as some participants are merely looking for others' successful trading methods which they can use for their own benefit.

If anyone approaches you with their quants in tow, turn and walk away :)

#46     Oct 18, 2012
  7. Yes, stay in your cubicle or basement working in solitary on the holy TA grail-- just like he monks of olde--- Otherwise, someone may rip you off! Great advice....... :D :p

#47     Oct 18, 2012
  8. Well, I'm just saying be wary. The financial industry is full of opportunists. One has to be careful is all.

Perhaps I went overboard by saying "walk away". But one certainly ought to be careful of the leeches that are abound :)

#48     Oct 18, 2012
  9. At the last surf fest several deals were made and most everyone enjoyed themselves but I had a situationa had to leave early, sucks!

The previous year a chicagobondking sang us a song and Tim Sykes made an appearance, not to mention Al Sharpton and a billion $ semi well known hedgie stopped by to say hello---and i think i recall some hershey follower(s) showed up without shoes or something like that.... its great meeting ET aliases in person, you get an entirely different opinion, mostly very positive. You never know who will be there! surf

#49     Oct 18, 2012
  10. I actually heard that a couple Hershey followers showed up and taught the method to a couple others at surf fest and they are now trading successfully. So....you never know what can happen I guess :D

#50     Oct 18, 2012