Announcing: Speed Test Video for TickZOOM Released

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by greaterreturn, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Announcement. The website is up at http://www.tickzoom.org

You can visit there to see the TickZOOM Speed Test video that demonstrates how fast it can zoom through 10 million ticks with less than 100 megabytes of memory usage.

Any questions?

Sincerely,
    Wayne

2. Thanks, good work.

swf for those who don't use quicktime and mp4:

SpeedDemo.swf

3. Thanks! I'll add that link to the wiki.

ALSO, I'll make the wiki editable by the public so you could make that kind of change in the future.

Thanks!!

Wayne

4. I put the speed test video up on the wiki with your SWF file. That was kind of you.
    Wayne

5. spounds

spounds

Wayne,

Hi. I've been following this post and I am excited about the prospects of working on the open source project. I work in a prop quant research role and I agree completely about the need of reliable backtest at multiple time frames and tick time in particular. Let me know how I can help in a development role.

Best of luck!

6. Certainly, you can help. Please check out the initial documents on the TickZoom API.

What are your thoughts?

Everything going on now is preparing for releasing the code, adding build numbers, documenting, etc. So we're still on track to release around the new year.

The complete API released before the weekend is out with documentation for all the fields.

Wayne