Announcing Kinetick - fast market data. unfiltered.

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by NinjaTrader_Ray, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Good move.....DTN feed is the ONLY feed I use for BID/ASK differential (Cumulative Delta) tracking at this time in multiple charting apps (NT7 with the EXCELLENT "GomCD" Cumulative Delta tool free from the NT user forums and Investor RT Pro). DTN feed has been exceptionally reliable and their futures BID/ASK data is as "clean" as you can get in the industry! :cool:

#31     Aug 13, 2010
  2. This actually is on their website, although a bit buried and easy to miss:

"Access up to 30 days of tick data, two years of intraday minute data and ten years daily data."

#32     Aug 13, 2010
  3. MGB

MGB

What's the difference between a Camry and Lexus? None, same platform, difference brand name.

There are pros/cons between using NinjaTrader/Zenfire vs NinjaTrader/<fill in the blank>. Sometimes, people use Zenfire because that's what comes with their chosen broker.

#33     Aug 13, 2010
  4. I know it's new & all but there's one thing really needed on the Kinetick site.

If you follow the sign up process, you see the FULL price for all CME related exchanges on the page where you select the exchanges you want.

Then you get the agreements page and then a page to enter your credit card number.

I went through this process (as I want to suck it & see) but at no point did it show me the total monthly billable amount.

I'd like to give it a go so that I can compare the T&S to my other platform but going through the process of signing up, it never tells me how much I will pay in total before it asks for the card details....

It DOES show full prices on there for the CME exchanges, so I am a little reluctant to sign up unless there's something on there showing me the DISCOUNTED amount.

#34     Aug 22, 2010

5. FYI, you are entirely wrong about this. Toyota is the Lexus parent company and they share SOME parts but the slower build speed, QC and features are much better on the Lexus. And the platform is not the same, only similar.

#35     Aug 22, 2010
  6. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Adding a running total is something on our list and has been requested by other users. In the interim (although not convenient) you can just keep a running tally yourself.

The CME fees are waived only if and when you qualify based on the following process.

http://www.kinetick.com/cme-validation

#36     Aug 22, 2010
  7. OK - so I presume the way to sign up without incurring unecessary fees is -

1) sign up with minimal data connections
    2) Go through the waiver process
    3) Then add the CME related exchanges

Is this right ?

#37     Aug 22, 2010
  8. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

1) Sign up with minimal service levels
    2) Add exchanges (including CME)
    3) Go through waiver process

#38     Aug 23, 2010
  9. MGB

MGB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_ES

"The Lexus ES series is a family of mid-size luxury sedans sold by Lexus since 1989. Now in its fifth generation, the series has been consistently built on the Toyota Camry platform with a V6 engine, automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive."

#39     Aug 23, 2010
  10. I've been with Kinetick for a short time now and am very happy. Very fast and robust. I was formally using their free end of day service as I was trading daily charts (FX), but have recently added the 240MIN charts. IB was annoying in that I could only request so much data at a time and I kept getting locked out, which wasted lots and lots of time. So, I bit the bullet and bought the Kinetick premium FX package, which costs me $100 a month. It is worth it. Very smooth and FAST and no limit on the data I can access. I'm satisfied.

#40     Jan 20, 2011