Announcing Kinetick - fast market data. unfiltered.

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by NinjaTrader_Ray, Jul 27, 2010.

1. #21     Aug 13, 2010
  2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

I personally don’t see anything mixed about our message but so there is no confusion…

- NinjaTrader, LLC has a very large active user base
    - Through this user base we have a demand for a low cost, high quality market data service
    - Primary target market are users currently unhappy with their current market data service, prospects who need a market data service or users whose broker’s market data feed do not meet their requirements
    - We decided to fill this gap since it made sense for our users and for NinjaTrader, LLC economically
    - We introduced Kinetick which is a brand owned but separately marketed by NinjaTrader
    - We chose TelventDTN as our technology partner for this endeavor
    - The value proposition of this service is clearly stated at www.kinetick.com
    - No one on my staff every would say that Kinetick is aimed at Zen-Fire users since it is not true and make no sense (refer to an earlier post of mine in this thread)
    - Have this partner contact me directly and I would be happy to clear up any confusion

#22     Aug 13, 2010
  3. Fair comments Ray.

I've not done market research, so I can't see the gap you talk about. I have seen your site and to be honest (as a prospect), the value proposition is not absolutely clear to someone like me that uses Tradestation & Ninja. I like the concept of an 'elevator pitch' - if you can explain your business proposition to a stranger in an elevator between a few floors, then you have something people will understand. I don't really see it at the moment, even after looking at the site.

As a TS user and your data prices are on par with theirs (although TS are not offering the CME waiver). Similarly, you are on par with other data services, so there's no particular price advantage that I see.

Kinetick is tied to Ninja and that platform is nowhere near as strong as TS or eSignal. I think that many people use Ninja because of Zenfire being free and brokers supporting it. I could be wrong about this, it's just that the traders I know use Ninja/Zenfire because of price and reliability.

I think Ninja platform fees + Kinetick data pricing puts you in the same range as TS/eSignal in terms of platform + data fees. I just dont see the Ninja/Kinetick combo worth the same $$$ as it is not funcionally as strong.

I also think that this information about the missing ticks on other platforms is questionable and you may be over playing that card without something to back it up. Certainly if you are going to say that people other than Zenfire are missing ticks, then you should back statements up with a tad more information. For example, is the ES on eSignal missing ticks all the time or just when the volume is at an extreme?

I dont mean to come across as overly critical. Certainly I had expectations of what this service would be and it seems it's not what I'm looking for.

Good luck with it though !

#23     Aug 13, 2010
  4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

DionysusToast,

I will not comment on your "opinion" since it is yours but allow me to respond to your comment about price.

Here is one quick example...

eSignal w NinjaTrader - $125 per month (200 symbols)
    Kinetick w NinjaTrader - $70 per month (200 symbols)

eSignal w NinjaTrader - $175 per month (500 symbols)
    Kinetick w NinjaTrader - $80 per month (500 symbols)

Looks a lot less expensive to me!

#24     Aug 13, 2010
  5. He may be referring to IB.

#25     Aug 13, 2010
  6. promagma

promagma

I did not see on the website, what scope of historical data is available? Same as IQfeed?

#26     Aug 13, 2010
  7. Quick update!

Yesterday, I went live with Kinetick. The forex data appears to be a bit superior to BarChart in the quality of reported "Bid/Ask". One interesting observation is the volume figures on the e-mini S&P seem spot-on v. BarChart Why? I don't know. It should not be a difference In the overnight hours 2a to 4a I could clearly see a noticeable spike in volume @4:30a v. what I have seen with BarChart. Maybe it's here in the quiet hours where the "unfiltered" data clearly shows it's advantage.

So far no crazy "bad ticks" from the "unfiltered" data. I never was all that happy in the past with e-signal and I thought BarChart did a fair job at a reasonable price, but price discovery (forex), accurate volume (e-mini) and speed are critical. To me at least initially, Kinetick looks good and warrants a slight bump in cost from what I was paying.

One last note on the volume. With BarChart throughout the trading day I frequently had to "reload historical data" for a clean display of volume on the e-mini S&P. I have not had to do this once with Kinetick, and this includes the overnight session. I am truly surprised at the quality of reported volume on a 1min S&P chart.

#27     Aug 13, 2010
  8. MGB

MGB

A lot of people miss this... NinjaTrader is incredibly versatile.

1) Connect to a variety of brokers (and their order routing).
    2) Connect to a wide variety of data feeds.

If you want to switch a broker, then switch a broker. If you want to switch a data feed, then switch a data feed.

On this point alone, NinjaTrader stands out.

For me personally, I appreciate that I can develop my indicators in C# on NinjaTrader, without using proprietary scripting languages. To me, NinjaTrader is a stronger platform than TradeStation.

Of course, everybody's mileage may vary.

#28     Aug 13, 2010
  9. MGB

MGB

Awesome! Good to see that you like Kinetick, so far.

#29     Aug 13, 2010
  10. emg

emg

dont understand why people have zen fire. zen fire is only a marketing name and is based on rithimic technology. that said, people who have zen fire especially free ninja are paying higher commission based on name only. how pity

#30     Aug 13, 2010