Announcing Kinetick - fast market data. unfiltered.

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by NinjaTrader_Ray, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Looks like Kinetic gets their data through/from DTN.

Looks like Ninja & DTN made some "back door" deal?

#11     Aug 12, 2010
  2. Hey MGLoser,

At the time of the original post I was not aware Kinetick was just released or associated with Ninja. Today, Ninja sent out a broadcast email providing further info regarding Kinetick.

The EliteTrader is a site for serious traders of which you are apparently not. The input by Dio & Risktaker is something of value unlike your dribble. Hey wannabe trader/comedian try another site.

#12     Aug 12, 2010
  3. olias

olias

Thanks Ray. I'm still trying to understand 'filtered' vs 'unfiltered' data, pros and cons. My understanding is that unfiltered data, like Zenfire, is released tic for tic, truly 'streaming' data but unfortunately results with the occasional bad tic. Filtered data is bundled/lightly delayed to clean out those bad tics, but is not quite as fast. Is that basically correct? Kinetick is filtered or unfiltered?

#13     Aug 12, 2010
  4. Olias,

You're exactly right on the filtered v. Unfiltered. The question is how often do the bad price ticks pop-up. The exchange has it's own filter for human error, but with the emergence of explosive volume in recent years on the electronic platforms you really should not incur big price discrepancies as you did when prices were "manually" inputted from the quotes in the pit.

Since the data is supposed to be optimized for Ninja 7, I am sure in the programing there are ranges analogous to a "Bollinger-type Band" where the system does not recognize a "way out-of-the-money" price quote.

I know DTN (if its correct as Ray noted) has always been known for speed as they receive data via a "direct feed" from the exchange. If this is DTN's feed then I have no problem making the switch from BarChart.

Barchart's data has been decent but two hiccups within a 12-hour span, and also their metric data surprisingly is definitely nothing to speak of.

Thanks for everyone's valued input. I intend on making the switch and as far as MGB funny remark, yes I will be happy to provide a review of the data.

#14     Aug 12, 2010
  5. MGB

MGB

Relax, spaz_trader
    You didn't notice that the announcement was 2-3 weeks ago? If you were a serious trader, you would've notice that.

If you were a serious trader, you would've notice that the announcement was by NinjaTrader_Ray who is the founder of NinjaTrader. Only a serious trader would know that.

If you were a serious trader, you might've known that I use NinjaTrader and I have 85 posts on NinjaTrader support forum.

If you were a serious trader, you would've notice that I have 400+ posts on EliteTrader. And how many do you have? You've been registered since August 2008 and in two years you posted less than 10 times? Sounds like you're a pretty serious trader. I'm just sayin'

Take a deep breath and don't reply to this post. It's not worth your time. You have better things to do, right? Deep breath, let go and move on to trading and making money.

#15     Aug 12, 2010
  6. MGB

MGB

This information is based on?

#16     Aug 12, 2010
  7. MGB

MGB

Where did Ray say that Kinetic is based on DTN?

On this thread, no one has said that Kinetic is based on DTN.

#17     Aug 12, 2010
  8. MGB,

Dude you really have serious problem. Really! and you are totally making a fool of yourself on this site.

Actually, "risktaker" alluded to DTN. I went on the DTN site and the Forex Feeds (Barclays, FXCM, & TenFore) exactly match-up as well as the provided news services.

So, it would appear "risktaker" was right. I have signed up and as I jokingly alluded to your "smart-aleck" remark I will be happy to provide a review.

Geez! get over your contentious social issues. The site is for knowledge-sharing not for slams & pithy comments.

#18     Aug 12, 2010
  9. What's the business relationship between Ninja and K? Who are the principals of K -- do they overlap with Ninja? There's nothing on the K site about ownership or business organization.

#19     Aug 12, 2010
  10. That is somewhat of a mixed message. Whilst you say you don't challenge Zen Fire, you mention you have things that Zen Fire doesn't as selling points...

The person that told me about Kinetick is a Ninja Partner, it is Ninja that have asked him to test the Kinetic feed with Ninja. I then found this thread. It is the Ninja people that have told him this is aimed at Zen Fire users and that there have been some disputes between Zen Fire and Ninja... obviously I wouldn't expect you to comment on that.

It seems the major selling point is the 'unfiltered tick data' which will help mostly people using DOM/Time and Sales, although I can see how it could be claimed that all people that use tick charts will benefit from the addition of the missing ticks.I can also see how it can be claimed that missing a few ticks won't make much difference to anyone.

The pitch is that TS/esignal, Zen Fire et al have gaps in their tick data and only Kinetick can give you the whole deal. It would be good to see some evidence that this is the case. If tape readers are missing out on a tick or 2 a day, it makes little difference. If tape readers are missing out on thousands a day, then significant activity may be hidden.

The Ninja partner I discussed this with is a very profitable trader and a tape reader. He seems to be concerned about missing ticks but the missing ticks don't seem to be hurting his bottom line at all.

I think there needs to be more on offer than this 'missing tick' and the TRIN, TICK et al. It's not price competitive and it only appears to work with Ninja. So in terms of it replacing those feeds you mentioned without any real additional price competition, I don't see where you fit it UNLESS you are looking at the Ninja/Zenfire market but are keeping tight-lipped about it.

#20     Aug 13, 2010