Announcing eSignal 10.4

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JayF_eSignal, Mar 25, 2009.

1. bawr

bawr

Is it possible to use eSignal OnDemand with third party software?

#21     Mar 31, 2009
  2. Jay,

I still use version 8 as well becuase its stable.

Version 10 had memory issues and version 10.3 had EFS compatibitity issues.

I'm hoping 10.4 is better but until it's proven to be rock solid, I think you'll find many traders will stick with older versions.

Runningbear

#22     Mar 31, 2009
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

The eSignal OnDemand feed does not support 3rd party software. You would need one of the other eSignal real-time versions in order to feed another software package with the eSignal data.

FWIW, this is outlined in the eSignal OnDemand homepage.

#23     Apr 1, 2009
  4. RL8093

RL8093

Agreed. Sadly, each time an eSig rep comes out & tells us how things are fixed with new version xx, someone else will come along and say it still has all the same issues. I'd really like to see a release come out and have a bunch of non-shills say great things - before I switch from a proven version (at least I know what I have & don't have with ver 8). I don't have the time nor the inclination to be an eSig beta tester....

R

#24     Apr 1, 2009
  5. I just tested version 10.4 and my EFS scripts that work in 8 do not work in this version either.

Esignal this is unacceptable. Why would you release a version that is not compatible with older EFS code?

I have spent thousands of dollars on EFS programming with recommended EFS programmers and now your product does not run the scripts they've written.

You're really making it difficult for me to use the new tick replay function.

Runningbear

#25     Apr 2, 2009
  6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

RB,

10.4 is compatible with older EFS code generally speaking. It seems that your scripts may be using a function that is not included in our typical regression test scripts. Please head on over to the EFS Forums on eSignal Central and post the details of the issue along with a sample script. The support team there will be able to look into this issue further.

#26     Apr 2, 2009
  7. The trading from charts in 10.4 looks pretty good, but i don't know if it works outside of eSignal paper trading. Does anyone use esignal integrated trading, or know if the trading from charts works with broker plugins and live accounts?

#27     Apr 4, 2009
  8. I use it with IB and have had great success. I'd been using the IB plugin for a long time and was using the order ticket until they added the account manager and trade manager windows recently. I just upgraded to 10.4 and started playing with the trading from the charts feature and think it's going to be a great visual indicator of where my open orders are. Looks like you can quickly grab and move positions if there's a fast move on the stock.

I'm not sure, but it also looks like you can change a limit order to a market order by just grabbing it in the chart and moving it to the price. I want to play with that more in the paper trading before doing it with IB, but I like the way everything looks.

Cheers,

Paul

#28     Apr 4, 2009
  9. Thanks Paul.

Does ib offer it for futures and fx as well, or only stocks at this point?

#29     Apr 4, 2009
  10. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#30     Apr 4, 2009