Annan: Israeli raid violates cease-fire

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Aug 19, 2006.

1. So you failed to find this kind of clause in the UN resolution, in other words there is no provision in the UN resolution requiring Israel or any other party to abide by it if no one else does. Every boilerplate contract has this clause when its desired by participants and of course its absense in the resolution means it was neither desired nor expected. Thanks for proving my point.

Now that you've helped me establish that Israel is not obligated to implement the resolution if other participants violate its provisions what you and your expert witness think of this rampant violation of the resolution by Iran, Syria and Hezbollah:

Israel, US foil Iran arms transfer

Israeli and American intelligence agencies alerted Turkish authorities last Friday that several Lebanon-bound Iranian planes, loaded with military hardware meant for the Hizbullah, were making their way through Turkish airspace, The Jerusalem Post has learned

Turkey was then warned about the planes and their cargo which were to fly over Turkish airspace. Shortly after Turkey was tipped off, Iranian officials ordered the planes to return to their point of departure, where, according to unconfirmed Turkish reports, the arms were removed from the Iranian planes.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1154525915046&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

#51     Aug 21, 2006
  2. This is not a US based contract, it is a UN resolution. All you have to do to prove your point, is demonstrate where in the UN resolution is provides for Israel to begin hostilities again if other parties do not fulfill their part of the resolution.

There is no provision for Israel to resume hostility if other parties violate their agreement.

Israel's hostilities are in violation of their agreement which puts them in the wrong, again.

One wrong doesn't make the other party right for their wrongs...

A husband who first cheats on a wife, does not make the wife's subsequent reactionary vengeful adultery sin free....

#52     Aug 21, 2006
  3. Let's just agree that the resolution is nil and void as all participants including the UN, Syria, Hezbollah, Israel, Iran and Lebanon ignore its provisions.

Israel, US foil Iran arms transfer

Israeli and American intelligence agencies alerted Turkish authorities last Friday that several Lebanon-bound Iranian planes, loaded with military hardware meant for the Hizbullah, were making their way through Turkish airspace, The Jerusalem Post has learned

Turkey was then warned about the planes and their cargo which were to fly over Turkish airspace. Shortly after Turkey was tipped off, Iranian officials ordered the planes to return to their point of departure, where, according to unconfirmed Turkish reports, the arms were removed from the Iranian planes.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1154525915046&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

#53     Aug 21, 2006
  4. No, the resolution is not nil and void, it is being ignored by parties in the wrong, of which Israel is a wrong party in violation of the agreement.

#54     Aug 21, 2006
  5. Fine with me, the resolution has been ignored by ALL parties so far but I do expect the UN to still provide 15,000 troops, the lebanese army to move south and disarm Hezbollah, Syria and Iran to stop supplying Hezbollah with weapons - and I expect all that to happen even if Israel keeps bombing Hezbollah weapons caches.

#55     Aug 21, 2006