Ann Richards, a Class Act

Discussion in 'Politics' started by William Rennick, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Former Texas Governor Ann Richards has died at the too young age of 73. This life long Republican will miss her toughness, class and incredible wit and humor.

Rennick:(

2. hcour

hcour Guest

A great woman indeed, except for that time she dangled her little baby in front of that crocodile, that just wasn't right...

H

3. Too bad. I liked her.

4. R.I.P. Ann.
    [​IMG]

5. she was a whore.......

Just kidding, Although i disagreed with many of her views, she was feisty, dedicated and somewhere near the middle of the road which all of our parties could use today....she was also one of the funnier politicians out there...it was natural,not staged by some speech writer

6. She was fun and funny.

She is a helluva lot better than the current pretty boy, Tom Delay hand maiden, gov TX now has.

DS

7. hcour

hcour Guest

Just to set the record straight, she was not the originator of the great line "Poor George. He can't help it - he was born with a silver foot in his mouth." See article:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/33/messages/251.html

The New York Times' 1966 obituary of Morris credited its own reporter Paul Crowell with observing, 'Newbold was born with a silver foot in his mouth." From "Nice Guys Finish Seventh: False Phrases, Spurious Sayings, and Familiar Misquotations" by Ralph Keyes (HarperPerennial, 1993).

H