Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Well, no. I just think, as with any business venture, you have to increase revenues or cut spending when you're running an annual deficit. Since our way of raising revenue is tax people, we either need higher taxes or more people paying taxes. Now, I guess I just provided the conundrum we're all in, how do we do it. AND, of course we should cut spending. We have to decide where. I prefer to help Americans instead of paying off oil companies or sending money abroad.

Stimulus, whether W's $600 or whatever to each person, or Obama's method, Could be done better by providing work, infrastructure, yes, the TVA type of thing, only better. For now, then see where that leads. Don't just give out money to welfare IMO. Give everyone the respect to work for their money.

#51     Dec 7, 2012
  2. jem

jem

So Revenues went up after Bush Reagan Kennedy and Mellon Tax cuts...

Revenues went down after the very recent English tax hikes on the wealthy and came back after they rescinded them...

and now the Presidents own people say tax hikes crush GDP.

yet we still have lefties acting like its good to raise taxes...

#52     Dec 7, 2012
  3. The most interesting thing to be learned here is that no lefties will even engage you on this.

Did you notice how they both replied to the first part of your post and had nothing to say about this?

LOL...

#53     Dec 8, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

LOL back at ya.

If, for example, the populace used the money to merely deleverage, or the government used the money to build infrastructure, which one is more stimulating to the economy?

#54     Dec 8, 2012
  5. Here's an example of infrastructure. Replace all the street signs with small letters. what is the friggin point of that? what a waste of money, steel and manpower.

You know when we cut out the waste and stupidity, people will take the gov't serious.

#55     Dec 8, 2012

6. You tell me....

#56     Dec 8, 2012