Angry White Man loses again.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

AA at UM is BS just like BO getting in HU after using MJ in HI who won't show his ID yet he's head GI in the US and I say FU BO.

#21     Nov 16, 2012
  2. Not sure how the Asians voted so I checked it out.

--------------------------

For a little perspective, consider the votes of another minority -- Asians. Romney won among all voters making more than $100,000 a year by a margin of 54-44. Asian-Americans happen to be the highest-earning group in the U.S., out-earning whites, and they generally place enormous emphasis on family. A perfect fit for Republicans, no?

No. Asians voted for Obama by 73-26; they were more Democratic than Hispanics.

It's possible that Hispanics and Asians are more communitarian than individualistic, leading them to identify more with Democrats than Republicans. But most immigrants, like most other Americans, possess both strains in their political DNA. (People rarely pull up roots and move to a new land without a strong sense of individualism.)

So perhaps the decisive characteristics are not in the Asian and Hispanic communities so much as in the Republican Party. The GOP is overwhelmingly white and insistently, at times militantly, Christian. Democrats, by contrast, are multiracial with a laissez faire attitude toward religion and spirituality. If you were a black-haired Buddhist from Taipei or a brown-skinned Hindu from Bangalore, which party would instinctively seem more comfortable?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-08/asian-voters-send-a-message-to-republicans.html

#22     Nov 16, 2012
  3. Affirmative Action was intended to be a transitory mechanism in the social evolution of race and class in the United States, not a way of life embedded into the fabric of the nation. It's purpose, noble, was to counter the institutional disadvantages minorities faced, give them a leg up, and help them break out of the cycle of poverty and intellectual and economic impoverishment. Go to college, get a good job, marry well, leave the ghetto forever, and
    produce children who won't need AA. If that is what it was supposed to do, it has had limited impact indeed.

As everyone knows, the ghettos are still with us with with thier high rates of crime and joblessness, its culture of nihilism and dereliction, more single mothers than married, its high teenage high school drop out rates and its high teenage pregnancy rates.

Why can't the state of Michigan have a color blind admission policy and still offer spaces in its University system to all high school graduates who want to attend college? Isn't it the implicit message of AA to minorities that you aren't as capable and/or you don't have to work as hard? The former is false and the latter is true yet they are both destructive messages. And the message to the non minority is hard work and high achievement
    alone is not enough. You just might need dumb luck or connections to get into that first choice.

#23     Nov 16, 2012
  4. Mav88

Mav88

I can tell you. It is because places like UM value their reputation for excellence. AA is at odds with excellence, so they have wisely chosen the latter as the best ideal since it produces the best outcomes for society and themselves.

There are plenty of lower tier schools for blacks to attend, but they don't want that because they know that those degrees are less valued than a UM degree. They want to be given prestige and achievement instead of earning it.

Meritocracy is far superior to egalatarianism

#24     Nov 16, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252949

You still here?

#25     Nov 17, 2012
  6. I never double checked this but poetic justice at work.

It's my understanding if a college produces a graduate to take the bar exam. If a certain number of graduates fail the bar exam, the college program is suspect.

So AA policies is supposed to increase the number of law candidates and too many fail the bar exam, the college is in deep dodo.

#26     Nov 17, 2012
  7. Mav88

Mav88

Obama and Holder are going to 'make sure' that blacks pass exams in their 'entitled' numbers.

I ask, then why bother even taking the exam? what's the point of competing if you already know the result?

UM is going to love that

#27     Nov 17, 2012
  8. Then what party will Lucrum, Max E. CaptainObvious, Leapup, PT
    et al join?

Oh, Lucrum, to answer your question, I am not still here, but you are certainly free to assiduously contest my claim of not being a poster on this forum.

#28     Nov 17, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I did not say "you're not still here", moron. Learn to fucking read will ya?

I asked "are you STILL here" after starting your drama queen Brothers. Good Luck And Sayonara thread.

You know numb nuts, where you said you were leaving.

Is there even one liberal here with the reading comprehension skills of a 2nd grader?

#29     Nov 17, 2012
  10. First, thanks for the PM, nice. Second, glad to see you're here to help with the progressive agenda. Did you check out RedDuke as well?

Hope to see more of the type who can actually discuss reality, and not just quote bizarre talking points.

#30     Nov 17, 2012