Anger

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Audi_R8, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ammo

ammo

there is an urge to gamble,it's a fun game when right,there is an urge to be right,strokes the ego, and there is work to do,you can play ,fuck around, when the market is closed,pinball, video game, but when at work ,work or you will be fired,slow motion suicide firing yourself

#31     Oct 2, 2011
  2. For me its just fun, its no work, i dont lose in my business, i may lose a little money sometimes, but i make it right back. no problem
    super easy kindergarden.

If you are angry about your trading, then you still have not finished your education & learning process. Dont stop, then there will come the time for you, where you be the Master of your business and there is nothing anymore that could surprise you.
    Then its just as watching a movie.

#32     Oct 2, 2011
  3. Actually this works.. the more emotions you keep pent up, more likely it will sabotage you in a big way later on.

#33     Oct 2, 2011
  4. it is harmful to cover or hide emotions. one should embrace emotion but figure out a positive way to interpret that emotional data and use it to profit.

#34     Oct 2, 2011
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

if you have to cover or hide your emotions you havent successfully detached from money....

#35     Oct 2, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

"Take a long deep breath.

Scream "Ffffffffuuuuuucccccckkkkkk!!!!!!" as loud as you can and as long as you can.

Take another long deep breath.

Repeat as necessary."

releasing pent up emotions and the above instructions are far from equivalent. my original statement remains unchanged - not recommended.studies have shown that your solution is likely to make you more angry..

#36     Oct 2, 2011
  7. Look up Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson. This will be a start. You will still need to address the underlying psychology. Anger is a derivitive of fear. But instead of avoiding the threat, anger attacks the threat. So what threatens you in trading? Often it's a sense of powerlessness over the markets and a loss of percieved control. The mindset has to be re-tooled for consistent trading.

Trading will force you to look into the mirror and change.

Rande Howell

#37     Oct 3, 2011
  8. zdreg

zdreg

"Trading will force you to look into the mirror and change."
    it may force you to look in the mirror but it can't force you to change.
    women look in the mirror all the time. they say they are beautiful when they are as ugly as sin. they change nothing.
    it is not simple to change.

an old saying is if you don't know yourself wall street is an expensive place to, learn.

#38     Oct 3, 2011
  9. video tape yourself.

#39     Oct 3, 2011
  10. What if experiencing anger is a symptom that you don`t know what the hell it is you are doing?

Instead of looking to treat the symptom, treat the cause.

For me, I find that turning off my computer and calling it a day is the best action on those occasions that I may experience this state. On those days where I have not mustered the self-control to do just that, it has usually ended badly.

Just an idea. :)

#40     Oct 3, 2011