Anger

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Audi_R8, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Redneck

Redneck

R8

After, and assuming you do, work this out – you’re going to find that you don’t trust yourself

You simply don’t trust yourself to take the correct action – at the appropriate time

===========================================================================

The strategy/ system is immaterial to making money, seriously it is… It is all on the trader

You can give a trader any system, even one that has more losers than winners for that matter, and they will still make money

Why – because they will take the exact action necessary, exactly when it is required – the majority of the time (remember they are still human)

If you find out I’m wrong – say so – I’ll be the first to apologies… But I’m not

RN

#21     Sep 30, 2011
  2. Audi_R8

Audi_R8

Rn, what do you mean by this? I always felt like the reason why I get angry is because I don't fully trust the system, not myself and so if I don't trust the system fully then I am more prone to get angry when adversity strikes and then start doing dumb things to compound the problems creating a never ending spiral down.

#22     Sep 30, 2011
  3. Not a good idea, my feet are broken now, and I can barely walk without feeling pain.

#23     Sep 30, 2011
  4. Redneck

Redneck

R8

YOU are doing dumb things

YOU are getting angry when adversity strikes

Hmmmm

==================================

Whatever system you’re using

1.) It is inanimate
    2.) It will have losers and winners
    3.) It doesn’t know you exist

=======================================================

Who is the guy running it/ making the decisions when to follow it/ when to deviate

Who is the guy unable to add more wood to winners

Who is the guy having trouble exiting losers

Who is the guy screwing up….

=====================================================================

Who is the guy who, that if he executed flawlessly in every situation, could trade with maximum efficiency (maximum efficiency does not mean losers don’t happen - they do)

Maximum efficiency does mean – takes every signal, exits losers effortlessly once a trade is invalidated, presses when in a winning trade…, sits on hands when warranted…, feels no stress.. simply executes

What’s holding you back – your system… or you

It is a bitter pill to swallow, but swallowing it is necessary – for then the real work can begin

==============================================================

For the record

Every day I shove my ego and my opinion up my butt… I trade what I see… and I trust myself completely too always do the right things when its time – whether that is entering a trade… exiting a loser…, taking profit…., or sitting patiently

This does NOT mean I’m perfect... I am human… it means I do the best I can every day

And I am completely at peace with all of it (Thanks in part to Ammo)

Can you say the same?

====================================================================

When you trust yourself completely, with whatever…can you not do that whatever with absolutely no reservations… no stress… no anger

(I could come up with several examples of the whatever, but pick one of your own – it is all the same after all)

====================================================================

Look I’m not here to bust on you, or anyone…. If this post came across that way – it is not my intention

But based on my journey – I believe it to be honest

RN

#24     Sep 30, 2011
  5. i am sorry for you.:eek: :eek: :eek:

did you jump again out of the plane without a parachute ?

i told you, it hurts....:p

#25     Oct 1, 2011
  6. ammo

ammo

question is why do you get pissed..figure that out ....when you do..ask yourself it you want to keep doing it...., there is a place for it but not in trading

#26     Oct 2, 2011
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

detaching yourself from money will detach you from the outcome of winning or losing which should detach you from anger of not having a positive outcome.

Do you get angry when you make a mistake and the outcome is, you made money? probably not........peace

#27     Oct 2, 2011
  8. Audi_R8

Audi_R8

actually its funny you mention that because yes I do recognize when i make a trade that doesn't fit the strategy and is probably low probability.

When i win, i don't get angry but I say to myself, "that was dumb, you got lucky and shake my head"

But I think I know whats causing the anger more or less and its lack of structure in execution. I can recognize when the odds are in my favor in a setup but my execution is sloppy and once i'm in a trade i get lost in it instead of having a concrete unwavering game plan for entry and exit. This leads to stress, chaos, mistakes, and then anger.

So I can be the best market technician in the world but its not going to do me any good if I cant execute properly on both gains and losses.

#28     Oct 2, 2011
  9. ammo

ammo

so you are angry that you( the mule) wont go where you steer it,part of you is angry at another part of you,the ego,a little kid,is still in control of the adult..to quell the little guy,learn that you don't matter,only the chore at hand does,the little guy can only fight you,you are the only one that can here him, he can't argue with the chore(straw man)

#29     Oct 2, 2011
  10. Audi_R8

Audi_R8

its true, a lot of times i feel like a child is at the keyboard, not a professional adult.

#30     Oct 2, 2011