Anger

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Audi_R8, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Redneck

Redneck

That which makes us angry – also controls us (ain’t that a pisser)

Two ways to control anger – Internal and External

Figure out which bests suits you and pursue the solution

Btw if you go the internal route and diffuse the root (what’s actually causing you to get angry) – you can then take that (former angry) energy…, turn it into a positive…., and make it work for you (pretty powerful it is)

Takes some work, but then anything worth anything - usually does
    ===========================

fwiw – one external solution; set a punching bag by your desk…, when you get angry – beat the hell out of it :)

And for the record – nothing in trading should make you mad – it’s a nameless..., faceless environment for heaven sakes

RN

#11     Sep 29, 2011
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

You have to detach yourself from money....period.

#12     Sep 29, 2011
  3. Audi_R8

Audi_R8

Thanks for all the input!

I think the root cause of it when it comes to trading is
    deep down knowing I'm not fully comfortable with my strategy/system yet.

I may have 20 straight days of gains (it happened) but in the back of my mind something is eating away at me because i know something
    is missing as the comfort level is not there and so I can't
    accept the normal day to day trading adversity because of the
    lack of comfort. The rules are not set in stone and so I think that is what is preventing me from not getting fearful, paranoid and hence angry.

Otherwise, why am I not sizing up? Because I KNOW, I'm not there yet.

Its like dating a girl you really like yet she isn't doing quite enough to make you relax and enjoy the relationship, insead you're thinking, am I some day going to walk in on her getting gang banged by my friends?? :eek: :p

#13     Sep 29, 2011
  4. I have lost money due to anger. You need to be able to determine if you are in an emotional state before you take a trade. If you are anything but calm, stop trading.

Before you take a trade, you need to be able to get right with yourself that you are willingly to take the risk, accept the fact that you can lose, and be willingly to hold for the target.

#14     Sep 29, 2011
  5. Take a long deep breath.

Scream "Ffffffffuuuuuucccccckkkkkk!!!!!!" as loud as you can and as long as you can.

Take another long deep breath.

Repeat as necessary.

#15     Sep 30, 2011
  6. A-No1

A-No1

i pound my desk till the monitors fall then i feel better.

#16     Sep 30, 2011
  7. zdreg

zdreg

not recommended. studies have shown that your solution is likely to make you more angry.

#17     Sep 30, 2011
  8. go in the mountains and walk so long until everything hurts....

#18     Sep 30, 2011
  9. Imo, if something makes you angry. Is this a new incident that made you angry or same shit different day?

If it's a re-occuring problem that made you angry, you should have dealt with it, fixed it, or done something to mitigate it the first time it happened. It's your own fault for allowing the problem to exist.

If it's something unforseen, and now you're angry, anger is a motivater, constructivly, solve the problem.

If the problem is out of your control, perhaps you're retarded and people look at you funny, take medication.

#19     Sep 30, 2011
  10. LOL:p

#20     Sep 30, 2011